Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Philosophizer
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got out for a fun ride on Sunday. My hero was there and we had lots of fun.Please use this thread to discuss the awsome riding ability or just the greatness of Wes D. Here are a couple of pics of my hero Wes D.
Wes D leads the pack up Mine Mtn. He's so cool!!!!!!! :cool:

In this one he shows off his downhill skills......he's just a blur. :eek:

Even if you don't know Wes D(the 24 hrs of Pisgah Champ) you can still discuss him in this thread.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Wes D, really!!??

I can't say that I know the man personally but he's the talk of the trails up here in NW Indiana! You're soooo fortunate to hang with a rider with such exceptional talent ;) .

It's raining cats and dogs today and I'm bored...figgered I'd play along :D.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
For over thirty years, I had a "major thing" for musician Sam Bush. Then, I saw Wes D ride at Icycle and I was exposed to a whole new level of obsession. I quit listening to that secular newgrass stuff. I now only listen to what Wes listens to. It is so totally awesome to hear songs that I know Wes had heard too!

It doesn’t even bother me that I can’t understand any of the words.

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
Wes is not only cool, but he's also really, really ridiculously good looking! I've got to catch up with him for a ride. Who knows, mabey I'll be able to hang.
Plus he's got a cool bike.

·
Philosophizer
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jersey open, fu man chu,and rollin' white rims!!!!! Who else but Wes D could pull it off and be soooooooooo cooooooooolllll. I think I'm gonna go down to the shop he works at and sit in the parking lot looking in the window for a while. I bet he was wrenching there today.

·
2,652 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned what a great purveyor of good will for the biking community Wes is. He actually gave me a set of those Avid brake clip thingies awhile back. Every time I slow down or stop my bike, I am reminded of his generosity.

MTN: Forget watching him through the window - he must be out of town, or he'd have already put a stop to this plethora of accolades. He's that humble.

·
Pisgah Native
76 Posts
thanks to the fans

Thanks for all the kind words. now far as being humble I hope that I am, yet I am trying to get a restraining order on mtnbiker66 and I'm about a half a post away.

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
I agree. 66 has gotten slightly creepy with all of this.
Not that I'm not also in awe.

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
What does arbkarm have to say/

I see you down there Arbkarm. Don't you have anything better to do than read about Wes D.? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

·
2,652 Posts
Dreamy, he actually talked to us.

:D

Uh.... how come I'm the only female in this thread. :confused:

·
Philosophizer
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:D Did I start all of this. Come on wes D, don't be a hater. I know you remember the good times.

I cut myself out so you would get all the glory.

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
Wow! A picture of Wes not riding! He looks so... in the woods. And smiling. Cane Creek doesn't know what they're missing.

·
2,652 Posts
Wes D is like so.... two weeks ago. I think 66 is currently scouting out his next icon.

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 327 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.