Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it doable? I heard that it steeper than Gridley and also a bit looser, but I have never been on it.

Main goal of the ride is to go down Gridley without doing an out and back.

Would it be better to go up Gridley and then down Pratt?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
When I rode it we went up Gridley and down Pratt. That was a couple years back so memory is not perfect, but I think that is the best way to do it. Gridley is a real nice climb - good grade and trail surface. I think Pratt would be a tougher climb. There is a bit of technical rock at the bottom of both, shorter and easier to ride up on Gridley - and longer and more fun to descend (challenging) on Pratt.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Parking at the base of Pratt and doing a loop up across Shelf Rd. up Gridley across Nordhoff Ridge and down Pratt is the way to go. Lower Pratt would be about a mile of HAB up (chunk/technical coming down) and Upper Pratt is steeper and looser than Gridley.

A longer ride that would allow you to descend Gridley is to start in Upper Ojai and ride up Sisar Canyon, across Nordhoff Ridge and down Gridley. This requires a shuttle or road miles with climbing.

This website has good info with trail profiles: Nordhoff Ridge and Rose Valley area north of Ojai Trail Map and Descriptions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts