Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Yeah, so, before anyone says what the fawk, it's true, we rode totally innapropiate bikes down at White Clay Creek, DE. I have always rode my rigid ss there till this summer my riding buddy and I took or significant others there to ride. We figured since they were going to be so SLOW we would take our ss urban bikes. Much to our suprise, those types of bikes(and AM) bikes are a lot of fun down there on the flowy whoop-dee-doos and and tight twisty's. So last weekend we went in the slop, I rode my MKIII, Chris on his Bottlerocket, and Seth on his IH Yakuza ht. We(seth and I, chris had to work) decided to go again with these bikes, and now our friends Ryan, Jamis Komodo, and Josh, Prophet. It has been fairly cold here on the east coast this past week, an Alberta Clipper, and we got down there early today. Seth though with the cold a full face helmet would be the ticket, but after the ride he said he felt like such a nipplehead for wearing such a helmet at White Clay, and wasn't actually "cold enough" for it. Hey, whatever, it was a great ride! The fist pics are of the group and Josh.

Attachments

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some of me, yeah, I know, I make some horrid faces. Jordan has his tongue and I have my grill:eekster:

Attachments

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Nice shots. Looks like it was a good ride. Are there other/more features built?

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SuperKat said:
Nice shots. Looks like it was a good ride. Are there other/more features built?
Yes, however, they are all in one area; "Skills Park". There is a bunch of low lying skinnies, some elevated bridgework, no drops, little pump section. Lets put this way, I ride all of it on my full carbon front end(stem, bars, fork) rigid ss. A very XC skills park, I am not knocking it, it is great to have, but I know that you are a downhill racer, and this is far from FR. Thanks for to comments:thumbsup:

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
olgluefoot said:
"innapropiate bikes"? Its a bike isnt it?:thumbsup: Looks like fun. Great pics!
I knew someone was going to point that out. Yeah, I know, and I agree with you, I guess I could have worded it more like "taking an uzi to a knife fight". :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Whoa, skinnies at White Clay, would never see that comming Man, this is where I started MT biking about 6 years ago - lived so close I could just ride my bike there. Moved to NY since then and realized that DE trails lack in the tech department - talk about rigid singlespeeds. Great pics however, thanks for posting. By the way, where exactly did they build this stuff?

Would love to ride there again, maybe if I made my way down there some time we could get together for some riding.

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gruzovik said:
Whoa, skinnies at White Clay, would never see that comming Man, this is where I started MT biking about 6 years ago - lived so close I could just ride my bike there. Moved to NY since then and realized that DE trails lack in the tech department - talk about rigid singlespeeds. Great pics however, thanks for posting. By the way, where exactly did they build this stuff?

Would love to ride there again, maybe if I made my way down there some time we could get together for some riding.
Come on back I'll show you around. The skills park is in "bryans field loop", you can see Nine Foot Road from the skills park. They have really done a lot down there in general. You are right too about the total lack of technical! We alll live in Lancaster, and all we have up here is nasty, SKANKY, straight up or down, kick your butt trails. When we go down to White Clay and happen upon another group(or even do a XC race down in DE, or at Fair Hill, when a lot of locals participate)it is always funny the stuff that challenges them, the gnar they have in DE and parts of MD is the BUFF we have here up in PA. But, it is a blast to absolutley FLY in White Clay, a very fun change of pace:thumbsup:

·
the moon master
163 Posts
looks like it was pretty dry out there...i thought the trails would be bad after the rain we got. i've been meaning to get out there...never been. how often do you guys go out there? and where's this gnar in PA? i live in bmore...

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
d_m_b said:
looks like it was pretty dry out there...i thought the trails would be bad after the rain we got. i've been meaning to get out there...never been. how often do you guys go out there? and where's this gnar in PA? i live in bmore...
Reading for FR, Rocky Ridge for AM, French Creek and Michaux for XC, these are the first 4 places that come to mind for respective "gnar" in what I would consider their catagories. You can ride any bike you want at Rocky R. and make it what you want, and French Creek and Michaux is def a techinical XC haven, and Reading up at the Pagoda is the downhill course and FR stuff. BTW, when we were leaving White Clay at noon, the trails were getting greasy because the ground was thawing. We go at least 2 a month, although, like I keep saying we usually XC ride the joint. PM if you want to tag along next time and we can show you around and then you will know you way around with your riding buddies.

·
~I Ride In Circles ~
1,629 Posts
Looks like a fun ride. I love that one shot where the sun is glaring through the front wheel off the jump!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts