Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup, mushroom in trees and small batch beers. next year we bring the xc bikes and the dh bikes. there are some interesting trails on the other side of the mountain. the trick is to take the gondola up and start from the top. take l'e'chappe'e to la coulee or l'archee du bolse then la indiana jones... that's just the start... they do have refuges out there named after saints, would be fun to camp out if you are allowed. have the ride supported so you don't have to carry alot of crap. though never did that route, so can't speak about conditions or fallen trees. would be interesting to explore...

are they still called mushrooms when they grow on trees?

beer! very good beer...

Limited edition!?!? (31/400)
Nice, would love to visit Mount St Anne some day!
But for me it'll have to be xc, ski or bike

·
9 lives
18,040 Posts
will be warmer today...

trails here are really tough, here's a run from top to bottom...
La Tordue is the equivilent of a double black diamond at blue. It was one the toughest dh trails I rode. The video just doesn;t show the big drops, how rough the rocks are. On my first attempt at this trail I used all my travel and blew my fork. I ended up renting a bike. The double crown paid off and I was able to huck and shred on La Tordue, La Vietnam and La Grisante all day for 4 more days!

What a great place to ride! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
La Tordue is the equivilent of a double black diamond at blue. It was one the toughest dh trails I rode. The video just doesn;t show the big drops, how rough the rocks are.
I remember my first run at MSA, we did La Plance a Laver to La Grisante thinking it was a good idea to warm up with an easy run before tackling the harder trails. By the time we got to the bottom we were looking at each other going "that was an easy run? Are you serious?" But you get used to it pretty fast.

Also, did you guys take a shot at La Coupe du Monde and La « 2 »?

·
9 lives
18,040 Posts
I remember my first run at MSA, we did La Plance a Laver to La Grisante thinking it was a good idea to warm up with an easy run before tackling the harder trails. By the time we got to the bottom we were looking at each other going "that was an easy run? Are you serious?" But you get used to it pretty fast.

Also, did you guys take a shot at La Coupe du Monde and La « 2 »?
We checked out La Coup du Monde but it was washed out and La 2 had some deep mud pits. The local riders complained that crews have not done any maintenance since the World Cup. The local riders also said they got alot of rain in recent weeks and that the Thanksgiving weekend weather was a miracle!

Singlesprocket did all the trails and chased the locals down the runs but he enjoyed La Tordue and La Grisante best. I agree. La Grisante reminded me of Showcase at blue except it was 10xs longer! It was rutted out as well and I passed many riders walking their bikes through sections. La Vietnam is similar to Grab Bag and the Wall. It is by no comparison to blue's classification and it would rank as a double diamond, And La Tordue is nothing like any run at blue.

Overall I'd say 4 days of riding dh at MSA (6 to 8 runs per day) was the toughest riding I've ever done! Next time we will also bring XC bikes because we need an easy day of hill climbing :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.