Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
chipolopolo said:
Would it be considered bad form to ride through BCT trail workers so I can enjoy the fruits of somebody elses labor?
No You should stop and Thank them for the trail work. Then if it is ok you can enjoy there work. But Trail Crew folks are not always ready for a rider coming threw accidents can happen. But we do like to hear a thank you.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
chipolopolo said:
Would it be considered bad form to ride through BCT trail workers so I can enjoy the fruits of somebody elses labor?
Have there been a lot of accidents on the BCT between riders and workers?

Seems pretty easy to avoid. I would say that 99% of the projects I have worked on that most riders are appreciative of the work I was doing and they thanked me for it.

I did have one guy tell me I was causing erosion to the trail. When I asked him what he knew about trail maintenance he started to babel some jibberish then rode on.

·
Just another half mile...
1,092 Posts
For the most part, the trail crews are building new trail and their is really no place to go at the front end of the trail work. If you do come up on a crew that is working on maintaining or rerouting existing trail sections, it's best to get off and walk through the work zone to be courtious and not get whacked by a flying pick. :eekster:

Since your profile says your favorite trail is the BCT, come out this weekend and help build your favorite trail. Knowing you have been a big part of building this awesome trail just adds to the sweetness to the ride. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=481382

chipolopolo said:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.