Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
I can pick up a map from Tony at Fat Tire or stop by two Wheel Drive to one. I am one of those the earlier the better riders so getting on the trail by 8am would really work for me. I also have company in town this weekend.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Cedro's good. Tons of rain Tuesday night but I rode there Wednesday after work and it was just great.

Take the Tijeras exit off of I-40, head south on 337 (south 14) a mile or so passing the ranger station on the left. After a few more turns you will come to a uphill straight stretch in the road. There will be a dirt road off to your left that drops down to a gravel parking lot. Start here.

Start riding up the dirt road, take your first right (<50 yards) and follow the single track down through the wash. Head up towards the power lines and then take a right. Cruise through the meadow along a huge 2 track through Chamisoso Canyon (thanks Jeepers/4wheelrs), taking a right at the split and follow the trail on up. After a nasty but shortish rocky section, the trail T's. Go left here and enjoy some more climbing. (The right fork will take you out to the top of the ridge left/west of Cedro peak where you see the power line coming down. The far one. Fun to come down but I never considered climbing this.) When you finally top out you will be at a place I call 4 corners.(Up is 5 hills which will take you to the tower. Straight is Mighty Mule which will take you to Lone Pine and beyond. Left, and left branch of road, is dirt road that takes you to the top of the first dirt road and the top of Coyotte.) Head left and over to the Coyotee trail head. This will take you back down to the dirt road you started on. Near the bottom after the second climb up out of an arroyo, you will crest a small hill and come to a T. The right branch is the Coyotte trail and will take you to the top of the dump road. The left branch will take you back over to Chamisoso canyon with some really fun whoops along the way.

Up: ~3-4 miles. Down: 5 miles. There is much much more out here but you will just have to learn it.

If this is all too confusing then just do an out and back ride on whatever you find. Its all good.

I'd go with you but I gotta ride with my chic on Saturday and we may be kinda slow and I doubt we make it out there by 8.

Maybe Sunday I could show you around.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was out at Cedro weekend before last and it was really pretty fun, you'll do your fair share of climbing. Unfortunately I've only been out there once so I don't know my way around. I can hold my own a good bit better than the ride from a couple months ago, ;) .

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
Hey there guys...Sunday actually will work better for me at this point...gotta be soccer dad and all...early Sunday would work well and then I have to do Mother's Day with my wife and mom....can you say "Honey Do List?"...what time will work for everyone?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ABQDave said:
Hey there guys...Sunday actually will work better for me at this point...gotta be soccer dad and all...early Sunday would work well and then I have to do Mother's Day with my wife and mom....can you say "Honey Do List?"...what time will work for everyone?
anytime.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
ABQDave said:
Hey XTR feel like showing us around?
OK, 9 a.m. at the dump road parking lot. That would be the gravel lot off to the left of hwy 337 up the road from the ranger station. I will try to get you back down to the lot about noon if that works for you guys. Or if you want to ride longer we can go big.

Anyone else? Andy? Scott? Joe? I think Robert's in Moab.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
XTRKona said:
OK, 9 a.m. at the dump road parking lot. That would be the gravel lot off to the left of hwy 337 up the road from the ranger station. I will try to get you back down to the lot about noon if that works for you guys. Or if you want to ride longer we can go big.

Anyone else? Andy? Scott? Joe? I think Robert's in Moab.
sounds good

·
Registered
374 Posts
dude they actually gave me a sunday off at work so

if any one can tote me and my bike up i am down for anything even if it hurts ...

was going to do a ride in tijeras on my roadie but it's been ages since i've had a good dirt ride and my bike is mad ...

did heartbreak hill on wed but i think i've recovered enough to tourture myself again :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
laotsu42 said:
if any one can tote me and my bike up i am down for anything even if it hurts ...

was going to do a ride in tijeras on my roadie but it's been ages since i've had a good dirt ride and my bike is mad ...

did heartbreak hill on wed but i think i've recovered enough to tourture myself again :D
Cool,
We'll see you there...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.