Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
already ordered.
Will be keeping the Ripmo and building the V4 more on the XC side.
2 bike stable!! On the same brand.

I've been thinking about the concept. There's the 1-bike stable but if someone wants to XC and get rowdy, the 2 bike has better range.

Specialized Epic Evo, Stumpy Evo

Santa Cruz Tallboy, Megatower

Yeti SB100, SB150

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
More and more I've been wanting a short travel 29er with "modern" geo...

Intense Sniper Trail, Pivot Trail 429, Giant Trance 29, New Ripley all looking good to me.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
More and more I've been wanting a short travel 29er with "modern" geo...

Intense Sniper Trail, Pivot Trail 429, Giant Trance 29, New Ripley all looking good to me.
-You would be wise to add the Transition Smuggler to that list. Save some bucks along the way too!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
-You would be wise to add the Transition Smuggler to that list. Save some bucks along the way too!!
Agree. Was on the verge of moving on from my V2 Rip to a Transition but decided to hold off. I should have because now the the V4 released, my V2 is going to be harder to sell.

Nevertheless... glad the V4 Rip is out and modernized!!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agree. Was on the verge of moving on from my V2 Rip to a Transition but decided to hold off. I should have because now the the V4 released, my V2 is going to be harder to sell.

Nevertheless... glad the V4 Rip is out and modernized!!
A lot of V2's and 3's are gonna hit the used market tonight. And the number of interested buyers will drop.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FC here's a better idea

1 Guerrilla Gravity, 1 extra shock & chainstay kit. Half the price and Made in America. Plus, US regulations are much better than Asia, so you know the environment isn't getting screwed over

·
Registered
583 Posts

I've been thinking about the concept. There's the 1-bike stable but if someone wants to XC and get rowdy, the 2 bike has better range.

Specialized Epic Evo, Stumpy Evo

Santa Cruz Tallboy, Megatower

Yeti SB100, SB150
Evil Offering makes a strong case for 1 quiver bike for around here. Came from a Following MB and it surpasses it in climbing, slightly lighter, more travel. Mine is forked at 140mm but a 150 could give you a little more for the rougher areas if that is how you roll.

·
default title
541 Posts

Why not a hardtail 29er and endurbro as the two bikes?

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FC here's a better idea

1 Guerrilla Gravity, 1 extra shock & chainstay kit. Half the price and Made in America. Plus, US regulations are much better than Asia, so you know the environment isn't getting screwed over
What kind of GG is good? I know people there.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why not a hardtail 29er and endurbro as the two bikes?
For sure, that was the old model. Hardtail and fully. Or mountain bike and road bike. But there's a new twist for the new age. Ripley and Gravel bike will work too.

The cool thing is the two-bike model can really fit a lot of styles.

fc

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

fc
1 bike is every bike. They all share the same front triangle. You just need to replace the seat stays and shock for different "bikes"

Trail Pistol is perfect for around here if you like 29ers (so is the Smash of you want longer travel)

·
Registered
50 Posts

fc
I would get the trail pistol with an air shock as your primary configuration. Then buy a coil shock and the Smash chainstay kit as your secondary (aka Downieville) set up. With Guerrilla Gravity's direct to consumer model and their chainstay kits, this is easily cheaper than one Ibis Ripley.

Guerrilla Gravity's unique semi-automated carbon manufacturing is the most disruptive tech the bike industry has seen in a long time. My bike is new so I'm not looking to upgrade, but GG has made all other brands look expensive, uncustomizable, and old school. I can't imagine buying anything but a GG as my next bike

·
Registered
796 Posts
which is why I sold my V2 a couple months ago. Actually, that's not totally accurate...I sold my V2 after a few rides on the Ripmo.
I should have done the same. I rode the Ripmo, as well as a Transition Sentinel and was going to pull the trigger. Mindset was that I better sell my V2 Rip now before V4 comes out. =( In the end it's all good... a V2 Rip with 942s, XO build, Factory suspension still rips and I need to back off on "upgraditis." =P

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.