Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the last couple of days we've had some pretty servere weather roll through, so yesterday i was going out to ride prepared for the worst. Had to choose a local ride, where i knew i would do the least damage, so i chose Southside Park in Sparkleburg. nice trail system that drains pretty well, it's got a lot of sand, but still a nice ride, wet or dry. i get out there and the parking lot is empty... very cool, thunder rumbling off into the distance, no idea if its coming or going. from the look of things i guessed going.

Southside used to be called Tour de Dump....but i think it has shed that name quite well, my buddies and i have always referred to it as TelleTubby Land, because of it's nice rolling singletrack thru lush green hills... :p

As i'm riding along i'm always expecting to see TinkyWinkee to pop out from behind a tree and hit me with his purse. no such luck today. did see plenty of wild turkey and deer. the whole ride was nothing but sunny skies with low temps around 89* , and low hummidity around 90%...got back to the parking lot which was now full, and made me feel kinda glad that i was able to hit first.
Group Hug! :winker:

On the way back to G'Vegas caught a cool glimpse of a storm cloud in front of the setting sun, and once again the TeleTubbies came to mind.

here are my pix below

ride on

Attachments

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mb3designs said:
Nice photos Brad. How many miles of trails does Southside Park contain? Is "Sparkleburg" Spartanburg, yeah I know I am a [email protected]$$:p I've got a great teletubbie pic I'll send you, would post it but this thread might get banzored.:thumbsup:
Spartanburg, you are correct sir!

i think the main loop or Southside loop is 10 miles or so, now there are a lot of inner connector trails with some a little more technical stuff and you can piece a good 18-20 miles easy. it has great signage, nearly every junction has a marker with a map "You are Here" . it's not Bent Creek or Dupont caliber as far as good climbs and bombing downhills, but it is fun singletrack, i take my son on the trailer bike out there a lot.

In the revues and books it's listed as Croft State Park but Croft SP is on the other side of the creek from Southside. I don't think the trails are even accessible from Croft State Park side. let me know if you need a map or directions.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.