Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking at a job in Hood River, wondered how the trails hold up in the rain and how many months of the year you could ride local trails. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
If you have the opportunity to move to Hood River, I'd take advantage of it. The riding can be limited in the winter, but the spring, summer and fall riding options are outstanding.

Post Canyon, Syncline, Nestor Peak and Whoppdee are the "In Town" riding areas. Post Canyon is usually not a good winter area to ride due to the freeze/thaw. Syncline is hit or miss along with Whoopdee. I bet you could ride Sycline more often than not though. I'm not sure how Nestor Peak holds up in the winter, but I bet it's high enough to get snowed in.

If you enjoy winter sports, Mt Hood is very close.

·
Formerly of Kent
13,158 Posts
There is no offseason. Snow doesn’t stick and the rain isn’t bad. Syncline in the winter, go up high on the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
dedicated beater
168 Posts
Since fall, the off-season was about 7 weeks long while it snowed. Otherwise, there's always some sort of dirt or rocky trail to ride. If it's raining, chances are you'll ride Syncline. Then things start to dry out quick after a day or two and options start opening up.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Take the job. Our winters are kind of crappy on and off, but otherwise it's paradise, if a bit windy for pure roadies.

If winter didn't suck a bit, this place would be like Aspen revisited.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yup, what they've said. The off season is only when snow is on the ground, which has been between a couple weeks and couple of months the last few years - syncline (at least lil moab) runs in the rain, traction for days. Just don't plan to go to a restaurant on weekends or post weekend mornings, cause it's overrun with valley folk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.