Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at moving back to Raleigh if I can find an employer that will have me. I moved away 10 years ago after graduating from State. What's the riding scene like for an early thirties guy. Are there clubs-aplenty to join to meet riders? Is there any riding close enough to get to after work? Any active women's rides for my wife?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Definitely check out the Trianglemtb forum^^^^

Check out all the links in my signature. TORC IMBA is the local club. The rides program uses TORC Meetup as the club group ride source. These rides feed from TORC Meetup to TMTB.com, TORC main website, TORC Facebook and Twitter.

We had a really good women's only ride program going last year. Most of the women who went to these rides were beginners. Any of the women who were non-beginner pretty much rode with the general rides.

Trails are everywhere, easiest source is TMTB on the trail section.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
It'll be great once it stops f***ing weathering outside. I can't wait for some dry weather again.

As the others have already said, trianglemtb should be able to get you started.

·
sit! stay!
1,125 Posts
There are definitely plenty of places to ride, some of the classic trails you might remember are gone... but there are still a few of the old ones left with some pretty nice new ones as well...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts