Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my bike five days in a row this week. On trails. And commuted to work on a bike work days. Sweet.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Nice shots! What happened with the crank set?

Thanks for the PASSION hit!

·
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blue Mtn. over in Peekskill, NY today.

Fire road up to Yin-->Bailey's-->Yang-->2 Live Crew-->Chewbacca-->Upper SIS-->Lower SIS-->upper Stinger-->My Favorite Trail-->lower Stinger-->Debacle-->Blue Mtn. summit-->Myx Monster--> (then over into Depew Park) El Capitan-->Dr. Jeckyl-->entirely beat, back to the car via the access road. That leaves out a bunch of fire road and two track connections between some of the trails.

This ride fueled by leftover blueberry and raspberry pancakes from this morning. And two chili-cheese-onion-sauerkraut laden hot dogs on the way home.

near five hours on the bike. Nice and tired before going to work tonight. Excellent! Best of all: on call - if not called in, I'll be free to ride all day tomorrow. Excellenter!

·
Banned
218 Posts
kristian said:
Dave, I have to say: you live in a paradise! I missed the first go around on this thread, but I'm glad you keep posting to it. Thanks for the passion hit!
Every time I see his pics I think the same thing.

US Western US folks spend lots of time trying to find tech trails (we really do have them) but it seems that everywhere you turn back East, there is the tech.

·
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
urinal mint said:
Every time I see his pics I think the same thing.

US Western US folks spend lots of time trying to find tech trails (we really do have them) but it seems that everywhere you turn back East, there is the tech.
Yep. Plenty of good tech out west as you know. The trails out here just have a slightly higher average technical ability. Lost of slow speed, trialsy stuff too, if that's someones particular bag.

The tradeoff is far less of the long descending thing. You can get that, but it takes a bit more work to get to that stuff, at least from the part of CT I'm in.

Both good. Either way, I'm just extremely happy about being outside, riding my bike.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Nice pics! They inspire me to do more exploring in my own neck of the woods. I've lived here my whole life and haven't ridden half the stuff you have in the short time you've been here.

What happened to that crank in the first set of pics?

·
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bvibert said:
Nice pics! They inspire me to do more exploring in my own neck of the woods. I've lived here my whole life and haven't ridden half the stuff you have in the short time you've been here.

What happened to that crank in the first set of pics?
snapped bolt. ride ender. easy fix, if you happen to have the bolt handy. got the same cranks on two bikes, and had a spare at home. fixed in under two minutes once home.

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
kristian said:
Dave, I have to say: you live in a paradise! I missed the first go around on this thread, but I'm glad you keep posting to it. Thanks for the passion hit!
Nah, he used to live in paradise.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.