Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice about the trail. im all set for hydration and gear. Just looking for tips and trail condition. thanks.

·
Guided by Voices
121 Posts
I rode Pemberton this morning and it was in great condition.

However, forecast is for rain tonight and tomorrow morning. If the trail is wet/muddy I'd advise against riding it tomorrow. The hardpack out there gets really mushy and tacky after a rain and it's not much fun rolling through it. If conditions are wet tomorrow I'd advise desert classic or T100 instead.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
HardTail4Lif3 said:
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice about the trail. im all set for hydration and gear. Just looking for tips and trail condition. thanks.
Bring music.

·
Registered
632 Posts
ride pemberton ccw? huh, I like climbing the sw sections and haulin' arse down the loose/sandy jeep road myself. Rode scenic tr for the first time a while back and some other great off- radar stuff.....least fav was climbing tonto tank tr. east-west.

·
Dirt Merchant
312 Posts
RobZona said:
ride pemberton ccw? huh, I like climbing the sw sections and haulin' arse down the loose/sandy jeep road myself. Rode scenic tr for the first time a while back and some other great off- radar stuff.....least fav was climbing tonto tank tr. east-west.
+1 :thumbsup:

·
Need more cowbell
938 Posts
RobZona said:
I like to climb the sandy service road and fly down the bumpy southern side of the trail. Try it sometime and you will be hooked. I did the scenic trail the other day....wasn't prepared for how sustained that climb was. We started hammering up it thinking that it wouldn't last....but it just kept going up.

It's all part of the swiss american race coming up...should be fun. :thumbsup:

Swiss American Fat Tire 40

·
Dirt Merchant
312 Posts
WhiskersOfDeath said:
I did the scenic trail the other day....wasn't prepared for how sustained that climb was. We started hammering up it thinking that it wouldn't last....but it just kept going up.
I've actually found the scenic trail to be relatively easy to get up. Not sure why when I usually do pemberton CW and end up hitting it towards the end... perhaps adrenaline from the blast down the jeep road gets me up it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts