Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Crested Butte for 10 days with my family. I have ridden there a number of times and am planning on doing some of the classics - Reno/Deadmans/Flag Bear 403 to 401, Deer Creek, Doctors, etc. If anyone is in the area and looking for a riding partner shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I'll be there this weekend as well- from Friday evening until Monday night. I have some time on Sunday to do a longer ride- I was thinking Reno/Flag/Bear/Deadmans or Doctors Park... if you're interested in meeting up, I'd be happy to have a riding partner.

I have to warn you though, I'm a slow (but steady) climber.

·
Registered
15 Posts
UserNameTaken said:
I will be in Crested Butte for 10 days with my family. I have ridden there a number of times and am planning on doing some of the classics - Reno/Deadmans/Flag Bear 403 to 401, Deer Creek, Doctors, etc. If anyone is in the area and looking for a riding partner shoot me a PM.
A friend and I will be there Thursday - Sunday. We'll get there late Thursday morning and hope to get settled quickly and ride 401 that afternoon. Plans are to Ride Deer Park on Friday and Reno/Deadmans/Flag Bear. Saturday. PM me if you'd like to join us.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, CB sure is a popular place this time of year-go figure :) I, too will be making my arrival in CB/Gunnison area this coming weekend. Would love to have company for one or more rides like R/F/B/D and/or Doctors Park. I am one post away from being able to PM people, but would love to connect with some of you so will just have to keep busy on the board here another few minutes...or please feel free to PM me. I am 40 y.o. male traveling solo from SLC. Fit, technically sound rider looking forward to enjoying all the CB classics (that are open)!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
It will be busy in CB, as I will be there this weekend as well. I'll be driving up from S FL and apart from a slight altitude adjustment, I am able to ride just about anything...I'll check my PM's just in case..:D

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'd be willing to ride with anybody that wants to...this week looks to dry out by thursday with good weather through the weekend. I'm thinking about Reno/Flag/Bear/Deadman's, Deer Creek or Strand. 401 might be fun out and back...although the upper section should be getting close to being good soon.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I'll be riding at least a few of the days I'm in town (Sat-Tues), but I have no idea what my schedule is as my wife and dogs will be with me, and I'll be doing some hiking and photography as well. If anyone wants to ride, shoot me a PM with your number and maybe we can figure out a time.

Otherwise, look for the guy on a bright green SC Heckler struggling up steep CB climbs. :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I was going to ride Salida/Buena Vista this weekend, but might pop over to ride Doctors Park on Sunday morning if Saturday. I'm also in the slow, but steady (40 year old) category.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How's the 401 looking?
I'll be there on 7/23. I've been watching www cbmba.org/page.cfm?pageid=10267, but it hasn't updated since the 16th.

·
Registered
509 Posts
How's the 401 looking?
I'll be there on 7/23. I've been watching www cbmba.org/page.cfm?pageid=10267, but it hasn't updated since the 16th.
I haven't been up there in awhile, I would think the trail uphill from schofield would be getting close...there's still going to be some walk a bike past "the plug" on schofield which means it's not drivable...but what is the fun is driving to the top anyways :D

The real way to ride it is from mt. CB up gothic or up slate river to paradise divide from the town of CB.

·
Registered
509 Posts
BD/Keg, is there a map that shows Lupine? I am 95% sure I know where it is, but I want to see it laid out with the other trails.

Is part of it the old Smith Hill Rd trail?
I'm not sure about any map that shows lupine since it just opened this summer. It basically starts at the end of the saddle ridge culdesac (Smith hill rd).

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=3...07324,0.016512&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=17&t=h&z=16

This map shows the road where the trail starts. The trail basically just traverses the side of the ridge there and dumps you back out on slate river rd. It's short, but sweet. I'm hearing there are 2 more phases in the works.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just make sure not to park in saddle ridge and if you park on Slate be sure to be off the road and not in an area that is private property. There have been a lot of issues with parking and shortcuts being created off Lupine. The rumor is the property owners in the area are getting very upset which puts the phases BD is talking about in jeopardy.

·
Registered
509 Posts
got out today and rode with ride_today714

This is his first time here so we hit good ol 401 and upper loop today...awesome weather and an awesome day.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I'm in Gunnison and did Hartman today!! It is not easy in the altitude but a few more days and I should be fine. That trailsystem is awesome !!! Quite a few peeps out to lend a hand as to where to go. Good times and I might do a few easy CB trails tomorrow....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Got in a couple of great rides over the weekend. Really enjoyed Snodgrass-Lupine-Lower Lower-Bud-Upper Lower loop. And Doctors lived up to the hype I've been hearing all these years! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts