Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of the greater bay area but not all the way up to Tahoe, what's good? My radius is Skeggs to Annadel with the occasional trip to Santa Cruz.

What's day-trippable?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nevada City
Forest City
Bullards Bar
Lower Dvillle
Angwin / Dan's Wild Ride
Paradise Royale

·
Mtbr Founder
34,627 Posts
nothing quite worth the drive. :). But a few cool places to explore. Rockville in Fairfield comes to mind.

We're kind of in a riding cavity.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Paradise Royale
I've done Paradise/Shelter Cove as a "day-trip" from SF. This one pushes the limits of the term, imho. But it's great as a weekender/overnight camp.

Lake Sonoma, Napa/Skyline, Lake Mendocino, Willits/Brooktrail are worth checking out before it gets too ungodly hot. Another vote for Ft Bragg/Jackson Forest, love that place.

Boggs will be coming back, they're organizing trailwork days. Next one's on May 18th! Go help (re-)build another great trail system close to home.

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
3,143 Posts
As Socobiker and Brah pointed out, Auburn, Nevada City are phenominal, and 2:10 hr drive if you plan correctly. Auburn is a weekday only for me, as Connector trail is fantastic at mach speed with nobody climbing the other direction, PLUS Mammoth bar stuff. Skyline Napa can be super fun 3.5 hour 3000 ft ride, 40 minutes from Oakland. Rockville is one of my favorites too, GPS that place with your Strava and its 3000ft day. Oat Hill mine Rd is sweet, good chunk. Dans wild Ride out and back with Angwin trails tour in the middle is about 4000 ft day and over 4 hr ride, 1.5 hr drive. I have NOT been to exchequer yet, sounds great! Also, if you want to get your XC on, Browns Ravine from Folsom to Salmon Falls is awesome 2-5hr ride and you can add Cronan Ranch (this ride is best in cool weather before Snow melts in High Sierra, Ive always wanted to do a One Way east bound, and hit it all in 5-6 hours). Browns Ravine best midweek with no hikers/horses.

·
Fart smeller
Tell us what parts you're using.
18,105 Posts
No idea.

·
F*** it
1,124 Posts
Why can't you do a proper road trip?

And "What kind of riding do you do?" is always a good place to start!

·
Registered
475 Posts
depends where in the area you're starting from.

Drove to Quincy (from Oakland) and shuttled Mt Hough twice and drove right back. Wasn't that bad. Will do it again.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,021 Posts
Mendocino is great, but would be hard to do in one day.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,627 Posts
Pinecrest is where my crew of techy, All Mountain buds go to every month!! Not really legal yet except for a few trails so the adoption/legalization efforts here are a very big deal for giving Bay Area folks a day trip outlet. 3 hours each way from the South Bay.

·
default title
537 Posts
Boggs will be coming back, they're organizing trailwork days. Next one's on May 18th! Go help (re-)build another great trail system close to home.
Hey there - any word on future trailwork days throughout the summer? I don't see any future dates listed at FoB or REMBA website/facebook except for REI day in September.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey there - any word on future trailwork days throughout the summer? I don't see any future dates listed at FoB or REMBA website/facebook except for REI day in September.
I saw this event on their FB page (https://www.facebook.com/FOBMCA), and I understand they do email notifications out on their members mailing list. I made it to the last one (in April), which I understood was one of their first public volunteer days so they're probably just getting the processes and scheduling ironed out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pinecrest is where my crew of techy, All Mountain buds go to every month!! Not really legal yet except for a few trails so the adoption/legalization efforts here are a very big deal for giving Bay Area folks a day trip outlet. 3 hours each way from the South Bay.
Where's Pinecrest?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts