Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
N' England bike monkey
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am about to embark on a new season of mountain biking and am looking forward to checking out some new and challenging rides and trails. Unfortunately i live in the city (San Fran) and do not have a car. I have riden pretty much every trail in Marin and a few around Mt. Tam - they are all pretty good but I am looking for some new stuff to ride! I am also from the UK so would love to see some new areas to ride!!

Does anybody know of a group of people who go riding on the weekend - Sat or Sun morning who have a car share / van / trailer / etc that I could join so that can get some great riding in, see loads of new cool areas & hang out with some like minded mountain bike nuts!!

I currently ride a 2003 Santa Cruz Super light which I just serviced and really need to put through its paces!

Happy riding

EBN:)

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Were going out to hit Tamarancho on Saturday @12, some good singletrack and a mandatory stop at a Brewery, since we ride past it.

Live in SF too if you want to carpool over. Like riding in Marin, but usually drive to a spot somewhere else.

·
N' England bike monkey
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Baycat,
Would love to head out on Sat but am unfortunately busy this Saturday we have friends visiting from the UK. Could do this or next Sun am though?

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
Catching rides has worked for others and you should be able to make it work too. Baycat's already offered you help, and he lives in SF.

I'm happy to fit more people in my car for drives to rides in return for a reasonable gas money bribe. You'd have to BART over to my place in Oakland first though. I live three blocks from Rockridge BART in Oakland.

Keep your eyes open. If you see me posting that I'm joining a ride you're interested in, feel free to ask me for a ride.

·
N' England bike monkey
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool Plim,
Looks like I might be hooking up with baycat next Sunday, Thank you for the offer too & look forward to riding with you sometimes during the season

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
englishboynige said:
Cool Plim,
Looks like I might be hooking up with baycat next Sunday, Thank you for the offer too & look forward to riding with you sometimes during the season

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
EBN,

There are a couple long established clubs with ride calendars up on the web. ROMP is down the peninsula from SF, and BTCEB is from east bay. They both have web sites, both "dot org" I think. I bet you could BART or Caltrain to a spot to hook up with at least some of their rides.

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,463 Posts
I am in the city also, and have a car that can carry bikes, so perhaps we could hook up one of these days.

Keep in mind also that some areas are doable by BART, ferry, or CalTrain. An easy one is Water Dog Park in Belmont. This page describes how to get there from the Belmont CalTrain station. PM me with an email address, and I can send the text of an article I wrote for Cycles California about auto free mountain biking opportunities (I don't have permission to republish it - so can only send it out individually).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.