Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I ride there are lots of muddy spots. Most of them just have some narrow (~5") boards over the thick deep mud. About half the time I can ride over without going off of the boards and in to the mud, but often I end up in the mud about 3/4 the way across (about 8-10 feet). I have tried looking further out in front of me and also directly in front of my wheel and doesn't seem to change anything. Is there a way for me to increase my bike control so that I can stay on these boards?

·
Vita brevis
440 Posts
lemmy999 said:
Where I ride there are lots of muddy spots. Most of them just have some narrow (~5") boards over the thick deep mud. About half the time I can ride over without going off of the boards and in to the mud, but often I end up in the mud about 3/4 the way across (about 8-10 feet). I have tried looking further out in front of me and also directly in front of my wheel and doesn't seem to change anything. Is there a way for me to increase my bike control so that I can stay on these boards?
Go to the lumberyard, get a couple of 2x6s, put them in your yard or driveway, and practice.

·
Sharp rocks hurt...
276 Posts
lemmy999 said:
Check out this thread,

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94195

Its about riding on logs but the same ideas apply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.