Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and I take a trip to VT every summer to ride and drink good beer. I'm interested in a detour to Treehouse, but would like to hit some new trails too. We'd be coming east on 84 on the way up, then back towards 91. Any suggestions on where to stop in MA or CT in that general area? We are all fairly advanced riders and prefer more challenging trails. Is Leadmine/Sturbridge worth a stop? Looks like the Amherst area may have some good trails too. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The pioneer valley has many good trails, but it's certainly not close to Treehouse....about an hour. If that meets your definition of close, the Holyoke Range is worth a visit (Earls and Bachelor Street).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Charlton Street School trails are 10-15 minutes away in Southbridge. Well routed trails that use the contours extremely well and has some exposed spine riding.

Tantansaqua trails in Sturbridge are a little further away, but also good.

I haven't been to Leadmine, but from what I understand it's small and not all singletrack.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been trying to quit the bunghole licking.
Have friends in the North Reading area. Will have to check that place out next time we visit (Lynn Woods) and ask my buddy why neither he nor his wife have recommended bunghole liquors before.
It's a bit too far east for this trip...

·
Registered
303 Posts
I live In Sturbridge. Good riding at Charlton st and tantasqua jr high. Also wells is good for a short ride. Leadmine/old Sturbridge village trails are fun but more Xc. I’d say the best riding within 20 minutes of tree house is bigelow hollow. Tech climbs tons of trails. Hit me up I’m always down to ride and it’s always easier to follow then find your way through unfamiliar territory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh and Amherst has earls trails which are pretty flowy but I haven’t seen a ton of technical stuff there I have heard there is good stuff though but it’s a pretty extensive network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
@Superbman

How is Wendell running? Rode it early spring for the 1st time and had a little trouble staying on route with all the leaves and debris. Would love to give it another go if trails are prime.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
@Superbman

How is Wendell running? Rode it early spring for the 1st time and had a little trouble staying on route with all the leaves and debris. Would love to give it another go if trails are prime.
Thanks to the efforts of two local riders and workers, wendell is blown clean end to end (including a restoration on Sophie's Run/ 13$ trail!). seriously, its never ridden better than right now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks to the efforts of two local riders and workers, wendell is blown clean end to end (including a restoration on Sophie's Run/ 13$ trail!). seriously, its never ridden better than right now.
I did get a chance to ride some of the network today... little slick and a few trees down from yesterday's storms, but fun nonetheless. You have to earn every inch on those trails.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.