Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got several trips for work up to Manchester in the next few months. Is there any good XC riding not too far from the city? I'm in NY so I'm used to the rocky NE trails.

·
Registered
804 Posts
There's the FOMBA trails near Lake Massabesic. Check out the website for a trail map and directions. www.fomba.com. Lot's of New England style single track with rocks and roots and fireroads. It's one of my favorite places to ride

There's also Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown which is about 20-30 minutes from Manchester. I rode there today and the trails are in awesome shape. Studs would be helpful. Bear Brook has miles and miles of trails. Fireroads, single track, climbing, etc. It's got everything XC. This IS my favorite place to ride. You can get a downloadable trail map here. http://www.snemba.org/trails.html
A guide would be helpful here to show you a few good routes. Post up when you'll be around and I'm sure there will be people willing to show you around. I would.

Hope this helps you out some. Let me know if you have any more questions.

JP

·
Registered
96 Posts
6thElement said:
I've got several trips for work up to Manchester in the next few months. Is there any good XC riding not too far from the city? I'm in NY so I'm used to the rocky NE trails.
Hey 6th:

I'm thinking FOMBA is the place for you. Nothing against Bear Brook at all, but FOMBA is closer to Manchester, easier to get to, more easly navigated (with or without a guide) and you can tailor the ride to how hard and long you want it to be. There about dozen loops (?) of varying degrees of difficulty which all sprout from the system double track. It's one stop shopping. Once you've master that place (Fire Line being the toughest loop) then find yourself a good guide and hit Bear Brook. You will love that too. I'm in Exeter (40 min. from Manchester) and ride Fort Rock if you're ever interested in venturing to the Seacoast.

Enjoy the trails up here,

Matthew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.