Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hopefully towards the end of June, my wife and I will be traveling to the LA/Long Beach area for about a week. We're planning on spending a few nights in LA, but then also want to go riding for a few days. My wife is a decent rider, but not too technical. So, we're looking for buff, but (hopefully epic) singletrack in the area. We'd be willing to drive out a couple of areas, and would love to find some cool little towns in the area, where we can spend a night or two, ride, and then have a good laid back dinner and drinks. Recommendations for trails and towns would be much appreciated. Trail maps and/or links to info would also be great. Thanks in advance!

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
1) Epic, 2) buff & 3) singletrack (near LA)..... Depending on your definition of 'buff', pick any two.

The problem with epic, buff singletrack near Los Angeles is that it soon turns into epic, sandy, rutted fire road. That, and it's hard to predict which trails may get torn up if SoCal finally gets into the path of a series of winter/spring storms which is not unusual.

That said, if it were me, I think I would take in a day or three in the Big Bear area. Maybe warm up around Grout Peak/Bay on the north side of the lake, maybe a day on the scenic lift serviced trails of Snow Summit and finish up on the Santa Ana River Trail on your way off the mountain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.