Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to brother-in-law's lakehouse in Canyon Lake which I hear is near New Braunfels. I don't know much about the area but am looking to ride one of the days. Are there any trails worth checking out and are there any local bike shops that rent or demo bikes? I'm from SoCal and usually ride all-mountain type trails on an Specialized Enduro SL Expert. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Eric

·
Registered
712 Posts
MonkeyDigsMTB said:
Thanks. I found some good info online about trails at canyon lake but now I need a bike!
I'm not positive who rents, but you can access our map of local bike shops (and trails) and at least see who/what is nearby. Also, our listing for Madrone Trail is a bit more current than Trails.com.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. :) Madrone is a pretty fun trail to ride...I need to get back up there and get some more pics, though. I'm thinking one of these days i need to contact all of the bike shops I have listed and somehow show that they rent bikes on the website. Dont' expect that anytime soon, though...I'm still working on contacting them all in general.

I dig the trail listing format on your site...and the googlemap.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
bsdc said:
You can rent a bike from Bicycle Sports Shop in Austin, TX. They've got a pretty good selection.

www.bicyclesportshop.com

The Madrone Trail is fun but rough. Make sure you rent a FS bike.
Actually I don't think that madrone is that rough compared to the other trails in central texas. It can easily be done on a hardtail, but if you can get a FS it will be more fun.

·
Rohloff
1,600 Posts
austin_bike said:
Actually I don't think that madrone is that rough compared to the other trails in central texas. It can easily be done on a hardtail, but if you can get a FS it will be more fun.
Madrone Trail doesn't have much in the way of large drops, but it does have more than it's fair share of rock gardens. I've done it on a rigid single speed but I didn't like it. Maybe I'm just getting too old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.