Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all the Texans here! I'll be in Wichita Falls in February and was wondering if there's a trail network there or near the city. I'll be staying at Sheppard AFB so something close to there would even be better. Hoping someone chimes in and lets me in on the info!

·
Registered
712 Posts
mjsca07 said:
Hello to all the Texans here! I'll be in Wichita Falls in February and was wondering if there's a trail network there or near the city. I'll be staying at Sheppard AFB so something close to there would even be better. Hoping someone chimes in and lets me in on the info!
Hi there! Although there isn't too much in the area without driving, there is the Wee-Chi-Tah Trail right down the road. If you wish to drive a little further there is plenty to choose from to the east and southeast of you. Click here to see a Googlemap of all the trails in the area or you can click on the link below to go straight to the MountainBikeTx.com homepage.

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
mjsca07 said:
Check out The Breaks at Bar H in St. Joe, only 50ish miles from WF.

Sweet singletrack,

http://www.barhbreaks.com/

·
Registered
496 Posts
I left Sheppard 1.5yrs ago and the Wee-Chi-Tah Trail is a grate ride. It starts down town at Texoma Cycle Center (TCC) and follows the river for a 12 mile loop of technical single track for all levels of riding. TCC has group rides on the weekends so you can mix it up with the locals.

Bar H in Saint Jo TX, is only an hour away where you can camp and ride all weekend for $20...this is a must ride for any MTB'er...

http://www.barhbreaks.com/

Enjoy your stay, your going during best time of the year for riding...

Zenke!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
crackhead3003 said:
Have fun, but re: Lucy Park and Tanglewood, you might want to scratch them from your things to do list:

Tanglewood
Summary:
Basically this little area was taken over by dirt bikes who made lots of noise and tore the trails to crap. About 3 months ago they put up numerous no trespassing signs. One dude on a dirt bike supposedly got fined already, so I am not pushing any buttons. The trails were not that good anyway, all ate up by the dirt bikes. I would personally recommend the Wee-chi-tah trail by the river (opposite Lucy Park). Don't know if the review is any good. Email me and I can give you details. But I wouldn't bother with this one, it's not worth the risk.

Recommended Route:
By the Citco, but don't bother, it's posted closed now.

or, for a more recent review:

"this could be a good trail but its very over grown. we got about .5 miles into it and had to turn around because the mesquite trees were killing us."

...hence the reason they aren't listed on MountainBikeTx.com :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
crackhead3003 said:
Thanks for the information Pedigre, I think I'll have to use MountainBikeTx.com now that I'll be back in Texas for the next few years.
That's a great idea! :thumbsup: ...then again, perhaps I am a bit biased. Nevertheless, no problem on the info...that's what I'm here for. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.