Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the moron(s) riding and leaving deep ruts in LW. STOP!
You are rutting and eroding the trails you freakin putz! It would take a moron not to figure out what you are doing after ten feet of pedaling. You seriously damage the trails and cause more erosion...
I can't wait to pedal either, but when the dirt starts to thaw its time to wait and let it dry naturally.
Freakin idiots...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in there yesterday (hiking with rake, clearing limbs and sticks). The low spots are wet, real wet. Big puddles and areas of deep mud. There are of course dry areas, but the problem is getting to and from them is through wet and mud. Bottom line, give it time. I am freaking to start riding, but need to give it a bit longer. Use judgment as the ruts you leave in the mud now, cause much erosion later...

·
Sun Devils
323 Posts
I was in there yesterday (hiking with rake, clearing limbs and sticks). The low spots are wet, real wet. Big puddles and areas of deep mud. There are of course dry areas, but the problem is getting to and from them is through wet and mud. Bottom line, give it time. I am freaking to start riding, but need to give it a bit longer. Use judgment as the ruts you leave in the mud now, cause much erosion later...
Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I was expecting, looks like 4/15 is probably the most realistic date for getting off the road bike anywhere around Boston this year.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LW is ready to go. Few wet areas and a few flooded areas, but with common sense these are avoidable without causing damage. The spots that are usually wet early, are pretty maxed out H20 wise, so with that in mind you should be all set.
Enjoy :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.