Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Family has a house on Loon Lake (Chestertown NY). This is a spot I ride about 20 minutes south of Lake Placid. Hiking trails that are bike legal. Very beautifull scenery. Check it out...

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I live in Potsdam and my riding buddies and I often head toward the Lake Placid area to ride. Do you care to say where these trails are? We have some decent riding around here if you're ever in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.adksportsfitness.com/back_issues/september2000/articles/moosemtn.html

The pictures are of Moose Mountain Pond and Berrymill Flow. The trail is a hiking trail in the town of North Hudson. There are a couple of other rides in the area. Not super techy from a riding standpoint. (no rollers or jumps) but the scenery is amazing. You can stretch it into a 12+ mile ride. Watch out for the mosquitoes. They are bad

At the top of the trail there is a DEC (Department of Conservation) Lean To which you will usually see hikers at.

Enjoy...

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
wm
I know were those pics are. I grew up in chestertown. Mine and my wifes family still live there. Riding is hard to come by up with all the hiker nazis. The area is very beautiful. I love it and would move back if only Hillary would leave. Thanks for the pics of home.

T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.