Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am planning on driving down from Oregon for Memorial Day weekend and riding the Santa Cruz area I’ve never been there and would like some suggestions as to what trails are a must ride ? Also what area is good and cheap to stay at? I’m balling on a budget lol thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
orthonormal
5,245 Posts
I don't think you're going to find anything cheap near Santa Cruz over Memorial weekend. Even the old motels in town will be $150+/night. There's a brand new Four Points hotel in Scotts Valley that is close in price but a lot nicer. You can also try Santa Cruz Ranch RV Resort (also Scotts Valley) to see if they have any tent sites available. They're $60/night IIRC.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think you're going to find anything cheap near Santa Cruz over Memorial weekend. Even the old motels in town will be $150+/night. There's a brand new Four Points hotel in Scotts Valley that is close in price but a lot nicer. You can also try Santa Cruz Ranch RV Resort (also Scotts Valley) to see if they have any tent sites available. They're $60/night IIRC.
Thanks I'll look into that rv resort , but yeah I looked at hotels and damn it's expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your legal options in Santa Cruz are Wilder Ranch and Soquel Demo Forest. Both are well worth riding. Emma McCreary in Pogonip is great and connects up to Wilder via a legal Fire Road through UCSC campus. Many trails branch off of the fire road, and you are likely to see some bikes riding some of these trails but know that these are not strictly legal and tickets have been known to be given in the area for riders riding some of these trails. See this thread regarding tickets in the area b/w UCSC and Highway 9 https://forums.mtbr.com/california-...tickets-citations-ucsc-3-29-19-a-1100520.html

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check out these hotels, they are decent quality and often are a little cheaper than most:
Sunnycovemotel.com
Harbor Inn
Quality Inn Ben Lomond
Brookdale Lodge

I haven't looked at their Memorial Weekend prices, so I may have to walk this one back, but historically, I've found these ones to be better price-wise without getting into roach-motel territory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.