Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is one of our local down hill shorties
first nice day of the new year, 54 out, no winds, almost all the snow was gone, so we decided right after school to hit up gieger. did 3 runs, every one crashed a couple times, every one says mine was the coolest, kind of a cased nose wheelie into the landing ramp to super man, but no pic :( how ever we did get some good shots. every one that went was Giffels sporting the demo 9, Eric (not registered on the boards, and doesn't bike) sporting the kona, and my self on the iron horse.
onto the pics

the road gap i cased

giffels mooning the spectaters

then we played around at the bottum for a while on the drops
Eric, he doesn't mountian bike, but still had no problem hittin the little drops

what Eric thought would be smart, but almost broke his ankle doing

my self, this turn out to be about a 10 foot drop with the speed i had (biggest one yet!)

Giffels with the pic of the day

Giffels

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Giffels is on the Demo 9 pro, I'm on the white IronHorse yakuza kumicho and Eric is on a Kona coiler

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love it, its small, light,but still strong. this is the first down hill bike i've owned, and its been awsome, i think i like it over my friends demo, but i need to ride it on a trail, not just screw around :D

and roxor to the single pivot!

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Haha...........I built that.

Need a better belt I think.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Hell or Reno

Nice pics...and the drop is 4 foot...doesn't matter if you go 20 feet down the mountan it is still 4 feet

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, so is that how drops are measure, its the actual size of the drop portion, not where you land in relevance to where you take off? i don't actually know, so if you would tell me that would be great.

kidwoo, thanks a bunch for building that, its a sweet trail to ride.

and its about 25 minutes from peavine, its on the road going to virginia city

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
BKnight said:
kidwoo, thanks a bunch for building that, its a sweet trail to ride.
I didn't build everything there..............just the good stuff:D

People have been working on that place for years. I can claim some involvement with the two dubs at the bottom........but not the stupid one in the middle of the trail with no landing.;)

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
really nice pics

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:eek: those things scare me! don't think i'll be hitting those any where with in the next year!
do you still live around here?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.