Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
How long before you are there? I think Paul B's "Mountain Biking in Arizona" book is available on amazon, it's a great book detailing Arizona rides. There's a good deal of riding within a few hours drive too.

·
otb club member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jm. said:
How long before you are there? I think Paul B's "Mountain Biking in Arizona" book is available on amazon, it's a great book detailing Arizona rides. There's a good deal of riding within a few hours drive too.
Actually I have Paul's book--I just put it somewhere "safe" and have to find it. I will be there June 9-11. Again, will look it up in Paul's book, but also like to get current info, since books can't always keep up with trail closures, weather and fire issues, etc.. Any suggestions within 1-2 hours travel from Payson would be appreciated. Once we get there, don't want to spend a lot of road time. Thanks.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
Chris:

My best bet in the area is the Highline Trail. There are trailheads off Highway 260, out of the town of Christopher Creek, and a couple at the top of the Mogollon Rim. Primo singletrack, lots of very nice (but short!) vert. My favorite: Ride toward the rim out of Christopher Creek, east on Highline, bike/hike up Military Sinkhole Trail, bike across the Rim to the top of Drew Canyon, down Drew Canyon and back into Christopher Creek. Awesome ride.

There's also Houston Mesa, which is more in-town. Kinda rocky, kinda weird. Not a world-class trail like Highline but worth knowing if you don't feel like driving.

p.

·
otb club member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Paul.

Paul B said:
Chris:

My best bet in the area is the Highline Trail. There are trailheads off Highway 260, out of the town of Christopher Creek, and a couple at the top of the Mogollon Rim. Primo singletrack, lots of very nice (but short!) vert. My favorite: Ride toward the rim out of Christopher Creek, east on Highline, bike/hike up Military Sinkhole Trail, bike across the Rim to the top of Drew Canyon, down Drew Canyon and back into Christopher Creek. Awesome ride.

There's also Houston Mesa, which is more in-town. Kinda rocky, kinda weird. Not a world-class trail like Highline but worth knowing if you don't feel like driving.

p.
That should cover us for the couple of days we'll be riding. Mucho appreciado.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yo, C2f:

Not to hijack a thread but does anyone in AZ service Fox forks and install Enduro seals. One problem is that my fork is a F100X and when you mention terralogic--everyone says we just send it back to Fox. Thanks, j

·
otb club member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jennytalia said:
Yo, C2f:

Not to hijack a thread but does anyone in AZ service Fox forks and install Enduro seals. One problem is that my fork is a F100X and when you mention terralogic--everyone says we just send it back to Fox. Thanks, j
Well, I'm not sure who to refer you to since I don't usually have any fork work done. I think in Tucson, Arizona Bicycle Experts is pretty capable. I can see some techs shying away from a complete service of the TALAS, but I'm not sure why the X series would bother them. I mean, it seems you are just looking for a fork service (i.e. oil change, new seals, etc.), right? If nothing is wrong with the inertia valve, they don't really even have to mess with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.