Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Keep the rubberside down
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the parking lot in the wind, heard some cracking trees but continued on. Had the park basically to myself for a couple hours. Not very many trees down, just branches and small stuff. Rode for almost 3 hours, then had to get back for my shopping at Costco for the week. (the real reason for my trip - atleast thats what I told her) and back to the homestead, got to get out after training inside the last couple weeks. The trails were in amazing condition considering all the rain that weve had lately, maybe that cold snap that most likely froze everything last week, kept the park fresh. It's only a theory??? anyways got a great ride and a different burn in my thighs than the burn thats been there from too many turns at Crystal on Tuesday. Back to the eliptical this week as it looks wet.

·
Keep the rubberside down
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back on it today 3/7

Got back out there today, did take the suggestion to go into Lloyd's cutoff, soon realized that I went the wrong direction when I encountered the first of many obstacles that were setup to ride the other way. Besides that snaffu, the rest of the ride was a trial of keeping from freaking out and braking so I could keep my speed up and clear those places that I usually don't make. Lloyd's always provides something that I don't seem to be able to get through w/o dabbing. The couple days w/o rain had the trail in that kind of "sticky" consistancy - I like it!! I kept pedalling staying in the middle ring and powering through today. I have been practicing letting the suspension actually help me more so in getting over stuff and catching air on the trail, maybe this sounds basic to others but I'm still in the learning mode so the small airs I managed today were a major boost.:) Then I've been trying, mostly falling off the various wood stuff along various sections of the trails, I actually rode some w/o falling off today. After riding and falling at Duthie several weeks back I bought pads and maybe I don't actually need them at PV they have let me have more confidence in trying "new" stuff - so today was a major step in the right direction today. I pretty much "charged" on the trail today, staying off my brakes, I did have some front wheel slide outs but for the most part I got over most everything. I even made it through some slippery roots sections on Red Alder - of which previously I had only made it through parts but never the whole thing without dabbing. There is a "new" tree crossing towards the end of Red Alder down by the north side homes, I kind of made it over, I say that because I had to dab at the top to avoid a large hole just right after the decent of the log. The Sno-County rangers were out walking some trails today, so waved hi and kept it going, picked up garbage and made it out to the P-lot and home. Great ride, it'll make my indoor training over the next few days much better as I can reflect on my good ride today. Hopefully I'll get back out later in the week sometime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.