Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just outta curiosity (I'm at the office, and bored.. ok? ;) )...

What's everyone's favorite style of riding gear for MTB?

Me.. I like an XC-style "tight" jersey, with DH shorts... and then to wear lycra under the DH shorts. Then wearing moto gloves, and an XC helmet for trail riding.

For DH... it's full on moto gear (fox) , shin pads, and skate shoes.

How about you guys? Whats your prefs?

-Matt

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
not too complicated

Jeans and a T-shirt, or my old khakis which are damn comfy...I'll occasionally wear my riding shirt but I hate tights, unless I'm racing, which I haven't done so far.

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
BigHit-Maniac said:

Me.. I like an XC-style "tight" jersey, with DH shorts... and then to wear lycra under the DH shorts. Then wearing moto gloves, and an XC helmet for trail riding.

-Matt
Loose synthetic shirt (not necessarily a "bike jersey" - as long as it "wicks"), fingerless gloves (unless it's cold out), baggies, XC helmet.

I don't do DH/Freeride etc, so I don't have any gear for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
standard XC-geekware

Lycra shorts, cycling jersey (I like the pockets & long front zipper), XC helmet, half-finger gloves, stiff-soled spd shoes, wrap-around shades. Comfy for both road and trail.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Loose shirt, fingerless gloves, XC helmet, lycra shorts. . Always feel like I'm working harder when I wear baggies. Usually have a Camelback, but I've done a couple rides without it lately and I really like not having that weight on me. Now I just have to figure out how to carry all my junk on the bike instead of my back. Damn frame only has one bottle cage mount.

Maybe I could rig it to mount the Camelback on the frame during climbs, then wear it on the downhills to lighten the bike in the technical stuff. Hmmm....

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
Middle chainring, third cog..... that's my favorite riding gear, depending on terrain of course. ;)

I ride mainly XC. I like Perl Izumi's long sleeve Boulder Tee and Microsensor shorts...... cause they make me feel sexy. :) I also have the MTBR jersy and shorts.... they're pretty nice, good quality riding apparel. Also wear Fox full-finger gloves and a hydration pack to carry tools, pump, food and such so I can keep the weight off the bike. Sidi Dominator shoes.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
ditto

gf99 said:
Lycra shorts, cycling jersey (I like the pockets & long front zipper), XC helmet, half-finger gloves, stiff-soled spd shoes, wrap-around shades. Comfy for both road and trail.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I've tried on a couple of pairs of baggies, but they seem like (1) they'd get in the way and (2) they'd be heavy and hot. I pretty much gear up the same for whatever bike I'm riding, whether it be road, XC, or SS.

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
I usually wear my tight jerseys with my baggy shorts. I actually just get those light fabric cargo type shorts from local thrift shops to ride in, that way I don't mind if they get ripped or torn. I also wear fingerless gloves, camelback, and my peal izumi shoes

·
XCdude
1,323 Posts
For every day riding, t-shirt and oakley baggies

BigHit-Maniac said:

-Matt
fox gloves and shimano shoes. For racing team shirt, lycra shorts, fox gloves, shimano and bell road helmet, and high definition glasses :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Lycra/bike shirt/hydration pack/XC helmet

Gloves? Whatever I find first when I open the box of bike gear.

Last time I did any DH I had the full get up with body armor, full face helmet, etc.

Roadie is best. Lycra/bike shirt/water bottle and small saddlebag. Nice and light.

Oh, and the most important thing of all. A wallet full of money because if I can't fix it with money, I can't fix it.
:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
xc top that wicks, sugoi baggies, full finger gloves, spd-type shoes, standard helmet, ID, cellphone and cash for emergencies.

DH is dainese 3/4 suit, troy lee pants and top, full finger gloves and full face helmet.

big smile most of the time (when going downhill anyway) :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.