Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just kind of happened, an assortment of women - friends, and friends of friends - emails collected, add a mailing list, and suddenly we have ourselves a bonafide riding group! We call ourselves Riding Gals, mainly because no one wanted to be known as the Los Angeles Riding Gals Extraordinaire (we are extraordinaire, but enrollment likely woud suffer if the acronym was LARGE).

Some of the gals had Thursday off, and so we had ourselves a nice ride. The trails are those in Chesboro, near Agoura Hills in Los Angeles area. The trails, as most down here in LA have a new character to them after the rains, and were very fun. Of course I have no pictures of the great downhill singletrack, I was too busy having fun!

L to R: Impy, Chuky, Mtnbikingmama's Daughter, Mtnbikingmama, Kim and Kallisi

Up the fireroad climb

Kallisti and Kim having too much fun for a workday

Chuky will be returning here soon!

We saw a snake - this is not a rattler, although we saw one of those too - got away before I could snap a shot. So you get the garter snake.

Spring has sprung.

Hey wait, that's not a gal in the middle! Even better, its Pacman, who is always awesome to ride with. Thanks for guiding us around today.

Hope you enjoyed! Have a great day.

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Super nice ride, Cheseboro is beautiful and fast. Great to meet everyone today, love to do it again sometime,
Cheers,
C

·
No more slogans!
79 Posts
Wow, California is really beautiful right now. Great pics, oh and lovely snake there (blech)... Every year I run over a snake, never fails.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
I met a new gal through our club and she and I went out today. One thing that's kind of cool is that she is a local in an area above the lake where the property owner's don't like "visitors" so I got to see some territory that's usually off llimits. We had a nice fire road climb up to the top... dang, I should've take pics but I didn't... then back around on some trail down to the lake. No real single track here, it's been used by too many different kinds of folks over the years, but so nice to get out!!

Down at the bottom, she took me on a brand new trail that goes around the marsh.
Brand new single track!! And, this was her inagural ride on her new Kona Dawg,

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
WOW Ladies... that is absolutely gorgeous! My friend was browsing the women's lounge ( I think he goes on here to check out all the hot biker girls... haha) and he told me there were a group of female riders in LA. I became excited b/c I don't have many other girls to ride with. And all of you ladies look hard core too! ;-) yay. maybe you could motivate me on my bravery. I have the endurane but my DH skills need some help.
Anyways, I'm from Orange County, but I'd love to learn the trails up by you. If any of you from the area or that ride want to PM me, maybe you could show me some of your trails and I could show you some great single track in the O.C. I'm going to Sea Otter next weekend, but after that I'll be available to ride. Or maybe I'll see some of you there! ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.