Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have been searching for hours, all I can find are tour places. I don't see any one that rode from the strip. Can't say I have ever been there so I have no clue. Just trying to decide whether I should bring my bike with me or not.

Anything worth riding FROM the strip? I'll be there Sunday to Friday 16th to the 20th..

thx

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
BrandonMiller said:
my work commute is 15 miles each way, I'm not afraid of a little ride if it is possible..

roads don't look too bad :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...17309&sspn=0.019348,0.090981&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12
That looks to be just about the closest riding area to the strip. You might shave a couple miles if you ride west on Sahara (or what ever the official bike route is) to the Cowboy Trails (near the Red Rock NCA Visitor's Center). I've been known to do mountain bike rides along the railroad tracks west of I-15 or a Union Trails ride one my lunch hour -- but they aren't really worth going out of your way for.

mbb

Attachments

·
Born-Again-Biker
79 Posts
Sat Ride

A local Mtn Bike group is headed out for a ride in cottonwood sat morning at 9:00.
What are your riding skills like - age- bike set-up. We might take you along
We have up to 10 riders of various ages (30's to 50's) - all pretty skilled XC riders. We usuallly do around 15 to 18 miles of technical riding at a better than weekend warrior pace. But they alway wait at the manditory rest stops (usually for me). We live by three rules:
1.) No uncovered spandex - baggies only
2.) You get lost, flat, or have other mechanical problems we can't fix - ya walk to the truck on your own.
3.) You have to be friendly - tell stories at rest stops - and bash tree huggers in fun

Post back

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
degrawmd said:
A local Mtn Bike group is headed out for a ride in cottonwood sat morning at 9:00.
What are your riding skills like - age- bike set-up. We might take you along
We have up to 10 riders of various ages (30's to 50's) - all pretty skilled XC riders. We usuallly do around 15 to 18 miles of technical riding at a better than weekend warrior pace. But they alway wait at the manditory rest stops (usually for me). We live by three rules:
1.) No uncovered spandex - baggies only
2.) You get lost, flat, or have other mechanical problems we can't fix - ya walk to the truck on your own.
3.) You have to be friendly - tell stories at rest stops - and bash tree huggers in fun

Post back
Thanks for the offer and I like riding with people in new places, but I won't be there Saturday :( ( I don't think I posted the month on the first post, it is feb..)

If your ever in Sacramento I'll gladly return the offer on some of our trails. Distance is not a problem, I am not the best at climbing but I could hang I think. My bike is a GF 29er cobia with juicy 7 brakes, tubless tires on mavic crossmax wheels, etc etc..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.