Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to ride this weekend with someone (me...) who is completely out of shape, but is seeking to correct that (little by little)? I'm in the Grove, but can drive to Eugene/Oakridge/etc. Skill level is average, the will is good, legs blow...

Kraig...

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Hack said:
The Grove? as in Forest Grove?

We are heading to Falls city this weekend and you would be more than welcome to join us.
I think he meant Cottage Grove, 15 minutes from Eugene. Kraig, I may be interested in riding with ya this weekend. Have you been watching the DO page. I will post plans on there thursday regarding plans for a ride.

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
been there...

Hack said:
oops

SOrry. too many groves i guess. I'm not as think as you dumb i am.

I'd like to come down and ride with you guys sometime bigfoot.
Pretty much any weekend works for me (the odd honeydoooo aside). PM whenever you want to come down. If Sasquatch can't ride in the area I might be able to drive up to Dallas. Which day?

Kraig...

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,324 Posts
shiggy said:
It is looking nice up here in Westfir (Oakridge). Clear, sunny and should stay that way. ...
Yo, Shig. Lucky you. Sunny up Wetfur way and I knowed it by looking at the road cams yesterday. In fact I was quite envious yesterday as I viewed the road cams and saw that all of western Oregon was sunny -- except Blewjean. I don't believe it ever got above 35 degrees here on Tuesday. Nor did it get light. The fog hung around all day and left us in that all-too-familiar, depressing, other-worldly gloom that Eugeneans know so well.

If only I coulda escaped work and driven east 20 miles... coulda got a sun tan. :) Enjoy it for the rest of us, willya?

See ya tonight, tho I don't plan to ride. I've begun commuting to/from work and I'm way tired at the moment. It's a 52 mile round trip between The Cowhead Ranch to the R-G, including a struggle over Dillard Hill. Ugh. I gotta find a way to get back in shape... being on a race team this year and all. :eek:

--Sparty

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Sparticus said:
Yo, Shig. Lucky you. Sunny up Wetfur way and I knowed it by looking at the road cams yesterday. In fact I was quite envious yesterday as I viewed the road cams and saw that all of western Oregon was sunny -- except Blewjean. I don't believe it ever got above 35 degrees here on Tuesday. Nor did it get light. The fog hung around all day and left us in that all-too-familiar, depressing, other-worldly gloom that Eugeneans know so well.

If only I coulda escaped work and driven east 20 miles... coulda got a sun tan. :) Enjoy it for the rest of us, willya?

See ya tonight, tho I don't plan to ride. I've begun commuting to/from work and I'm way tired at the moment. It's a 52 mile round trip between The Cowhead Ranch to the R-G, including a struggle over Dillard Hill. Ugh. I gotta find a way to get back in shape... being on a race team this year and all. :eek:

--Sparty
Come up this weekend and enjoy it with me. Clear, frosty and 25 degrees at the moment.

Not planning on coming down tonight.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,324 Posts
shiggy said:
Come up this weekend and enjoy it with me. Clear, frosty and 25 degrees at the moment.

Not planning on coming down tonight.
Odds of joining you up thataway are somewhat slim. (Doesn't "Somewhat Slim" sound like the name of a 1950's country singer?) Anyway, lots of trail building going on out at Whypass at the moment plus I've got some projects around the ranch to work on. But you never know... don't rule anything out. Thanks for the invitation. I miss the days & nights when we used to ride together every week. Funny how far 40 miles feels these days...

--Sparty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.