Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to ride on the trails near Leadville tomorrow. Anyone know what the conditions are or have suggestions for rides in the area?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rode the trail on the east/north side of Turquoise Lake a week ago. It was in pretty good shape, with a few muddy/wet/snowy patches the closer I got to the west end. I didn't get to the very end of the trail on the west end of the lake, though, as one of the wooden bridges was slightly submerged by fast-moving runoff and bent off-camber. Not something I wanted to try solo in bike shoes.

I would imagine that the mining roads on the east side of town are totally dry, with trails to the west of town in the shade still likely to be snowy and wet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just rode around the Twin Lakes area this last weekend. The whole area looked perfect. I also rode north of there out of the lakeview campground It looked good until I ran into snow quite aways up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
we just rode tenn. pass to camp hale area. no snow but long stretches of mud on one section. needs some work. Halfmoon to twin lakes on the CT is open along with Interlocken trail then south on the CT towards Clear Creek is good to go. enjoy yourself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts