Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am over in the US from Scotland and will be staying up in Roseville for 2 weeks. I am looking for places to ride or even better people who I can go out riding with.

Anyone from the Roseville area willing to let me tag along with them :thumbsup:

Cheers
Kevin

·
I dig trails!
5,608 Posts
kevb_bhoys said:
Hi All,

I am over in the US from Scotland and will be staying up in Roseville for 2 weeks. I am looking for places to ride or even better people who I can go out riding with.

Cheers
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

When are you going to be around? I live in the next town, Rocklin, and would be happy to take you on some rides. We might even be heading up to Tahoe a week from Friday.

What kind of riding do you do?

You might like our style: post beers are waiting in the cooler at the end of the trail. Yum! :thumbsup: (no Budwieser allowed, please... beers must have taste. I served up more Budwieser in Edinburgh than I ever did in the states... but that is another story :eek: )

P

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mr P,

I head up to Roseville from Santa Rosa on Thursday and am going to be around until the 13th July.

I normally do technical singletrack riding in Glentress. I would class myself as an intermediate rider and normally ride between 10-15 miles depending on time. I have been riding in Annandale for the last few weeks and that is the normal style that I like.

I like the style of riding with the beer at the end. That is just like sweet music to a Scotsman's ears (especially the no Bud rule :nono: )

We have so many students in Edinburgh and Bud is always cheap there. I will look forward to hearing your stories though.

Kev

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
kevb_bhoys said:
Hi All,

Cheers
Kevin
I'm also in Rocklin, though work in Roseville.

I'd claim the nearest trail to Roseville worth riding is Twin Rocks at Folsom Lake, which is a 15-20 minute drive depending on where in Roseville you are. Beyond that you need to go up to Auburn (though there is something in between Lincoln and Auburn if you know where to look :) ) or to the other side of Folsom Lake.

It is crispy hot now though, and going further, to the Sierras, is what I'm planning. Sometime between now and July 5th, preferably not on the weekend, I'd like to ride the Loon Lake Loop (~25 miles of high Sierra trails), as much of Hole In the Ground (see many threads here) that is open, and as much of Flume/Rim Trail (see many threads).

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys, im from the roseville area but am currently living like less than an hour away from it. me and my riding buddy would love to meet up with u kevin somewhere before u leave back for scottland im sure!

·
I dig trails!
5,608 Posts
kevb_bhoys said:
Hey Mr P,

I head up to Roseville from Santa Rosa on Thursday and am going to be around until the 13th July.

I normally do technical singletrack riding in Glentress. I would class myself as an intermediate rider and normally ride between 10-15 miles depending on time. I have been riding in Annandale for the last few weeks and that is the normal style that I like.

I like the style of riding with the beer at the end. That is just like sweet music to a Scotsman's ears (especially the no Bud rule :nono: )

We have so many students in Edinburgh and Bud is always cheap there. I will look forward to hearing your stories though.

Kev
Hey Kevin,

My plans are starting to firm up. I am out of town on vacation for the next week, but will be back for a highly likely Tahoe ride next Friday. We are looking at riding the Tahoe rim trail Mt Rose pass (~9000ft) to the Flume trail (a must ride once in your life). Ride is about 24 miles and about 2000ft gain at high altitude. Techy single track. Here is a pic. We are social riders, so no hammerfest. Just find your mojo and have good times.

PM me know if you are interested.

Otherwise the Sunday after that will be more local riding when you can join us.

P

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Mr.P said:
Hey Kevin,

My plans are starting to firm up. I am out of town on vacation for the next week, but will be back for a highly likely Tahoe ride next Friday. We are looking at riding the Tahoe rim trail Mt Rose pass (~9000ft) to the Flume trail (a must ride once in your life). Ride is about 24 miles and about 2000ft gain at high altitude. Techy single track. Here is a pic. We are social riders, so no hammerfest. Just find your mojo and have good times.

PM me know if you are interested.

Otherwise the Sunday after that will be more local riding when you can join us.

P
Not saying you can't, but isn't TRT from Tahome to Tunnel Creek (end of the Flume) only open to bikes on even days of the month, and next Friday is an odd day?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.