Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For this that have front suspension for on their fat bike, I wondering how slow speed riding is affected. I have a ML'r with BFL's and love it.
The tires set at 4 psi just conform to the terrain and roll over stuff. But at speed I tend to get a little beat up. Would the Bluto fork take away any of this slow speed, tire conforming capability?
I'm thinking about a RM Blizzard for my next bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Aside from the weight increase in the front, my Lefty-equipped fatbikes ride exactly like a rigid when locked out. Having said that, I don't tend to lock it out on slow/rough terrain. I think the front suspension helps keep the front tire planted and on the ground regardless of speed.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On a related note, will BFL's on 80mm rims be just as compliant and conforming to the trails as on 100mm rims?
I run 4 psi now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Aside from the weight increase in the front, my Lefty-equipped fatbikes ride exactly like a rigid when locked out. Having said that, I don't tend to lock it out on slow/rough terrain. I think the front suspension helps keep the front tire planted and on the ground regardless of speed.
Same.
Only time I lock it out are extended smooth sections of flat/climbing. Otherwise, I can't be bothered.
Check that, I lock it sometimes on slow speed technical maneuvers where track standing and bouncing to/fro to position the front wheel may be of benefit. Rock garden, skinnies etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts