Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding here for several years and I do the blue loop and the stuff around Wildcat Ridge. I usually do everything in about an hour and half, but is there more? I did a night loop with a couple of guys from Marty's but it was mostly washed out fireroads. Is there more? Does anyone know?

I noticed some motorcycles/atvs have been in there lately, so this makes me think they must coming in from somewhere and maybe there is more. I would be available for a week day ride if anyone wants to play tourguide. 6:00 start? U pick the start place.

Chris

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is there more?

yes, you can continue on into Farny and beyond, but it is all woods roads also used by ATV's. Just a heads up, Splitrock itself is privately owned by Jersey City, and the easment obtained by the DEP only allows hiking on the trails. Good news is that there are other options for bikes, so staying off the White and Blue trails along splitrock res, is not a big deal. I hope to clarify this on the JORBA website soon.

Certainly open to giving some tours as well, can start next week.

·
Crashin' since the 60's
73 Posts
Legality?

Are bikes legal on Charlottesburg Road?

As you go North from Split Rock Road it changes from blacktop to a fireroad and it eventually hooks up to Winnebago Road. Winnebago Road eventually ends up at the intersection of Route 23 and Echo Lake Road. At no point is it obvious that this road is closed to bikes, cars, etc.

Wassup with dat?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trailnimal said:
yes, you can continue on into Farny and beyond, but it is all woods roads also used by ATV's. Just a heads up, Splitrock itself is privately owned by Jersey City, and the easment obtained by the DEP only allows hiking on the trails. Good news is that there are other options for bikes, so staying off the White and Blue trails along splitrock res, is not a big deal. I hope to clarify this on the JORBA website soon.

Certainly open to giving some tours as well, can start next week.
How about tuesday or Wednsday night? Any preference on parking?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tuesday...Bat cave parking lot...6pm

Tuesday, meet at the WMA parking lot on SunnySide Road.
Rt 80 to Rt 513 north
2.7 miles to Hibernia
SunnySide road is on the right
if you pass the firehouse you went too far.

This is also the parking location for the Bat Hibinaculum ( cave).

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
trailnimal said:
Rt 80 to Rt 513 north
2.7 miles to Hibernia

cool, norm... i'll try to make that ride. and i love that rocky climb :eekster:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
trailnimal said:
Rt 80 to Rt 513 north
2.7 miles to Hibernia

norm,

i'm out: i brought the road bike today. i've given up trying to predict this weather :madman: so i just figured rather than guess whether we'd have decent weather to ride, i'd instead get in a road ride around lunch, rain or shine.

also my XC bike needs rear brake caliper and rear dr. the mooch was not kind last week.

next time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.