Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do people ride at night usually in OC? I went out to Aliso the other morning and saw a few people at around 6am with lights but I thought it was illegal. I'm looking for a legal place in OC to ride in the dark..thx

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I believe the Santa Ana's are LEGAL

Gekkonidae said:
Where do people ride at night usually in OC? I went out to Aliso the other morning and saw a few people at around 6am with lights but I thought it was illegal. I'm looking for a legal place in OC to ride in the dark..thx
National Forest riding okay.
So one good option is Santiago Truck Trail to the Luge, or go up further (all the way to Old Camp if you like) out, and back.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
mtnbkrdr98 said:
So one good option is Santiago Truck Trail to the Luge, or go up further (all the way to Old Camp if you like) out, and back.....
yep. you'll often see quite a few folks heading out after 6pm from Cook's Corner and up Santiago Truck Trail. Enough that you could probably even find some folks to ride up with.

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
A group of us shuttled San Juan Trail last Thursday night. First time for me at night on this trail. It was like a whole new trail at night.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gekkonidae said:
yep, the state parks are illegal at night (Aliso, Laguna Wilderness, El Moro, O'Neill) I know aliso has been patrolled in the past.

As someone else said, Cleveland National forest has no restrictions. Lotso riding!!Blackstar/MDTT/Santiago Peak/Harding/STT-Old Camp-Luge/Holy Jim/Trabuco Creek/SJT/Chiquito to name the major ones.

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
Gekkonidae said:
the only place i ever ridden at night is san juan and is lots of fun,wheter u shuttle or do the climb i done both and is awesome.hope it helps...later.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If your riding alone I would say go with the Fullerton Loop since it's safely nestled in the city(sort of).

Otherwise in a group the other places would probably be more challenging riding. IMO

·
Registered
269 Posts
mtnbkrdr98 said:
what would be a good route to take? ive only been there once durring the day and that was a long time ago, well santiago oaks is where i was, and the other three guys never been there before, we are looking for something challenging but not to much climding and love single track, what would be a good route to take and a good place to start??

·
Registered
385 Posts
mntbikenbambam said:
what would be a good route to take? ive only been there once durring the day and that was a long time ago, well santiago oaks is where i was, and the other three guys never been there before, we are looking for something challenging but not to much climding and love single track, what would be a good route to take and a good place to start??
do you know where cook's corner is? where santiago canyon and live oak meet. there are a few riders that park there to do STT and the Luge. i know Team Basso does a weekly night ride from there every thursday night. i get their emails, but i've never ridden with them yet. i've ridden STT and the Luge a few times in the late afternoon and early evening. you run into a few riders. i believe it gets the most traffic tues and thurs night. i think its about 17 miles if you go past the luge and up to Old Camp/Look out point then down the luge.

go to teambasso.com to get on their ride list.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lots of people do Luge on nightly/weekly basis, but Black star is a great night ride as well...on a clear night...views from the top are great.

Gekkonidae said:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.