Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me out. My bro and I are down here for the weekend, and we need directions to some good downhill/ freeride trails, or someone that wants to ride with us and show us the trails. We have our dh bikes and came to ride. Please help us out and dont make me ride my dj bike around town again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im in town from southern oregon. My moms bf lives by ucsc. So I came just to ride. Its gunna suck if I dont ride, but not the end of the world. I just really want to ride... even if its horrible.

·
singletrack bound
3,107 Posts
The trails out at Ft. Ord are pretty much XC type with very little elevation gain so it wouldn't be much fun on the "big" bike. A hardtail or a short travel CX bike would be your best choice for these trails. They do drain water very well as they are sandy and can be ridden during and right after rainfall.

I'm thinking of taking a trip down there tomorrow if these showers taper off overnight into tomorrow morning. :D

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
the guy is looking for a ride at that place that all of us know but no one want to say.

Looks like you are pretty determine to ride no matter what. Rangers are watching though, your choice to do it or not. Tickets are being given. The grace period was over a while ago.

have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Loll said:
the guy is looking for a ride at that place that all of us know but no one want to say.

Looks like you are pretty determine to ride no matter what. Rangers are watching though, your choice to do it or not. Tickets are being given. The grace period was over a while ago.

have fun and be safe.
Feel free to pm me...

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
Too muddy to ride in the UCSC aea. The trails are quite fragile, so riding them, especially fall-line trails, will cause loads of erosion when wet. Erosion is bad, so save it for another day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.