Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm moving from Minnesota to Scottsdale this summer!

Anyway, it sounds like my wife and I will be spending some time (several weeks and weekends) up in the Kingman, AZ area.

What is the riding up there like....I'm just curious?

any insight about trails or good LBS would be great, thanks!

CR

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
That is a good question. I travel back and forth from So-Cal to Prescott often and have looked for a ride to break up the drive. Have looked around Southwest side of town near the train tracks only to find sandy quads trails. Did find some very nice forested fireroads climbs in Hauiapia State Park but the singletrack was closed to bikes...bummer. Next trip need to check out some desert trail out Highway 93.

Dean

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Search the forum - there are trails and some decent ones from what I've heard.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Heading north on highway 93 out of town (north of I-40), on the west side. The last road to turn off before heading up the hill will take you to the trail head. Otherwise there are trails west of Kingman in the hills between Golden Valley and Bullhead City.

·
Registered
364 Posts
bhc said:
Heading north on highway 93 out of town (north of I-40), on the west side. The last road to turn off before heading up the hill will take you to the trail head. Otherwise there are trails west of Kingman in the hills between Golden Valley and Bullhead City.
I live in Kingman Arizona. The Cerbat Hills trail system is a great place to ride, trails are marked well, scenery is awesome. Monolith Gardens is a really fun ride, we usually ride 2 seven mile laps. There is allot of good trail riding around Bull Mountain too.The Cerbat hills trail system, is right off the freeway. You will see a gate and a bathroom there, make sure you close the gate, there are cattle roaming throughout the park. I would recommend carrying at least 100 ounces of water with you during the summer, it's extremely hot. There are 2 trail heads to park at, the other one is located behind the Chevron Station, turn there and go about 3/4 of a mile out the dirt road. You can do an internet search for directions and trail maps, hope to see you on the trails sometime. Edit: Bicycle World on Northern St. is the best bikeshop in town, the owner rides and does awesome service and great deals on bikes. His name is Jim.

·
Registered
8 Posts
more singletrack please

Hillwilly, I live in Meadview and work on the river. I've been riding Monolith and Bootleg but I need some new stuff. How do you get to the Cerbat trailhead and the Bull Mountain trails. Bull Mountain singletrack? Also someone else said there was some good riding in the mountains between Golden Valley and Bullhead, know about that? Thanks much. If you want to go for a ride shoot me an email. Cheers

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
sooooo...if were coming south from VEGAS:madmax: on the 93 whats the best place to park for these trails looking for about 15-20 miles.....they look :cool:

·
Chunky Monkey
413 Posts
Check Trail Reviews

YuriB said:
Search the forum - there are trails and some decent ones from what I've heard.
All on the posts and trail reviews.....:thumbsup:

Thx,
John

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
It looks like metwel dr is for cook loop/monolith.(correct?).... What about parking for castle/camp beale?
Which one is better?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Anyone know of anything in the Hualapai's? I've done a few trial competitions up there and it's a pretty cool place. Also tried looking for some good moto singletrack but didn't have much luck...

·
Registered
445 Posts
You can access a trail in the county park near Rec area 3, it will come out at the road about 1 mile down from the park entrance. I rode some of it going up years ago, it would be much better to ride it down. Otherwise the rest of the trails in the park do not allow bicycles.

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
So we drove down on sat. to check these trails out and I must say not bad ...
the monolith trail side(south/west of the 93) was fast and smooth, not technical but flowy and fun.. cool rock formations make this ride fun just for the views...
All in all I would go back to ride this again...
The north/east side of the 93( camp beale, castle trail) SUCKED...
It could be great with alot of trail work... It was cool where it went but it had "loose" rock over 80% of the trail that took all the FUN away and just made for alot of hard work...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the tips about Cerbat Hills/Monolith Gardens in Kingman, AZ. I was there a few weeks ago and would like to offer some GPS coordinates to a couple of the trail heads.

Below are the coordinates for trailhead behind the West Side Chevron gas station located on the corner of W Beale St (aka 93) and Metwell Drive (not to be confused with the Chevron near Metcalfe or any of the other Chevron stations in Kingman. I discovered that there are at least 3.)

N 35.19378
W114.07713

Here's what google maps shows for the intersection of Beale (aka 93) and Metwell Drive

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=u8a1AwmFbrH5IAEVcLse-Q&cbp=11,212.81,,0,5.28

To be extra redundant, here's the address of the *correct* gas station :)
West Side Chevron
1224 West Beale Street
Kingman, AZ 86401-5433
(928) 753-1333

And below are the coordinates for the first trailhead off of east bound 93 (sorry, I forgot the exit #, it was a few weeks ago) before you get to Kingman when you're coming from Vegas. Look for an approaching exit with a big dirt parking lot and an outhouse that will take you to ...

N 35.20509
W114.09557

Pretty, mellow trail. Thanks for the suggestion! Would never have found these trails w/o this thread.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts