Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
This is how it started...
Joined
·
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out I am attending a family reunion in Flagstaff in July.
Is it to hot to MTB then?
Can anyone tell me if it is worth hauling my bike from Colorado?
Any riding around Flagstaff? Grand Canyon?
Local bike shops to visit?
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
39,533 Posts
Flagstaff is good, it will probably be upper 70s to low 80s, vs. well in excess of 100 or 110 in phoenix. Of course, everybody on these forums likes to pretend that they will ride every day in the 110° weather, but I'll take Flagstaff any day during the summer. The north rim of the grand canyon wouldn't be too bad either, about the same as flagstaff due to the elevation.

There is most definitely great riding in Flagstaff during the summer, highly worth it.
 

·
Its only 1" on the map!
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
sdsantacruzer said:
I just found out I am attending a family reunion in Flagstaff in July.
Is it to hot to MTB then?
Can anyone tell me if it is worth hauling my bike from Colorado?
Any riding around Flagstaff? Grand Canyon?
Local bike shops to visit?
Bring the bike. Flagstaff alone would be worth it. Here is my Arizona in Summer Story from 2006.
 

·
I am Doctor Remulak
Joined
·
1,425 Posts
Jayem said:
There is most definitely great riding in Flagstaff during the summer, highly worth it.
Absolutely.

Jayem said:
...well in excess of 100 or 110 in phoenix. Of course, everybody on these forums likes to pretend that they will ride every day in the 110° weather...
Quit being a douche and let it go.
 

·
Ouch, I am hot!
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
Jayem said:
Of course, everybody on these forums likes to pretend that they will ride every day in the 110° weather
Are these the same people that pretend that Prescott is actually the Garden of Eden?

Flagstaff is indeed awesome in the summer months, but be preapred for some monsoon thunderstorms.
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
39,533 Posts
Dirdir said:
Are these the same people that pretend that Prescott is actually the Garden of Eden?

Flagstaff is indeed awesome in the summer months, but be preapred for some monsoon thunderstorms.
I'll check the air quality and get back to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
I started riding in July 2006 in Phoenix at 275lbs. I didnt think too much of it because I have lived here since 1979 and have always played sports year round.

In hind sight learning to ride and build endurance in the hot stuff has probably made me a better rider quicker. Or at least I would like to think so.:)

I have not ridden in Flag yet but I am of the belief anytime you can get a ride in you should go for it!!

Ross
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top