Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
I'm waiting for a '09 Mach 5. While it comes, i'm riding a demo '08 Mach 4.
12.600 gr (M size, anodized) with full XT, Fox f100 fork, basic cokpit parts, pedals and enduro-friendly wheelset.

Nice ride, quick steering (very quick indeed, what about a 120mm fork?) but solid feel, active suspension with very little movement (with propedal turned off) under pedaling. I feel it as a "real" full suspension, race ready if mounted light and a good all around bike with a more trail oriented parts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi lynd.
I mean you need neither a lock out nor a shock with a lot of compression damping. There isn’t pedal induced stiffening, and you can run proper sag without the sluggish feel. You have a full time full suspension. There are only ten centimetres, but they are always available.
This, and the flex-free frame (sure, it’s not a light frame, but the extra weight comes with a good stiffness) gives you a well planted, solid feel…

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yep, looking forward to your Mach 5 report. I have one waiting on...hold it...some 0.2mm washers for spacing the rear caliper. I guess they were missing in the kit, but it is being taken care of...just wish I could ride it. Don't want to endo because of no rear brake.

I love the look of the black Mach 4, and I wish they would have offered this color on the Mach 5. For some strange reason (maybe it doesn't take pictures well?), I didn't like the look of the gray Mach 5, so I went with the blue. It is a beautiful color though. I have some Industry 9 red hubs/spokes that will be coming with some Stan's ZTR Flows on them from MHC. Then I'll be selling the original wheels...but that won't be until the middle of January though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.