Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading up on this bike, it has me very intrigued! It looks like a blast to ride and has nothing but good reviews. I do wonder though how it would fair out on our rocky trails with no suspension. Does anyone here ride one? I typically ride XC/trail type stuff, I do not do downhill or free ride type stuff. Would it be the right bike for that type of riding? What are your thoughts on it? Right now I ride a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR 26's with full suspension and I kind of worry about riding a bike that does not have any suspension over our chunky trails.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7
1,679 Posts
I don't know about a Krampus, but I did see a FB post from Slippery Pig bikes featuring a REEB 29+ so you could probably check out the concept locally at least. Pretty sure its in a different pricing ballpark, REEB's ain't cheap.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7
1,679 Posts
Here's a picture for you to drool on...SS, belt drive, big f'n wheels

REEB 29+.jpg

·
Registered
558 Posts
I only have two short rides on the Krampus so far but love it. The rocky/chunky trails are definitely more challenging and more overall effort required to pedal but it is a good rig to ride everywhere; short trip to the store, XC, bike packing etc. Definitely not getting rid of my other bikes though, every bike has a purpose. Still working on tire pressure and other set-up options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts