Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just missed out on the Susitna 100, because I didn't know about it.
well, I might've only done the little su 50k this year.

How about everyone posting some Links to Alaskan Rides, Races & Events.

http://www.susitna100.com

http://www.soggybottom100.com/rules.html

Does anyone have some more links?
For the Sweet Roll?..

What's that Arctic Valley Road Hillclimb race called?

Club links?..

Group rides?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Have you checked the Arctic Bicycle Club website?

All kinds of craziness. Group rides, racing, touring, Anchorage to Seward relay race, 24hr mt. bike race, and so on.
www.arcticbike.org
I have ridden to seward with this group a couple of times, and show for a group ride once in a while. The 24 hr race is great. Raced it twice so far as part of a team, non competitive.

·
Beware of Doggerel
665 Posts
Rides

The Sweet Roll 200 and the Soggybottom are "sister races" so watch the Soggybottom site, as far as I know the Sweet Roll will be about a month before the Soggybottom. I also believe that the Soggybottom will have some shorter options this year (like 65 or 85 milers). It is a very tough, but very fun race and last year I think half the riders didn't finish so the shorter options will be welcome. If you like long rides plan on the Soggybottom for sure, since it is at the end of the summer you have plenty of long riding days to prepare. Also I think there is a race on the road to McGrath.

At some point we shoud try and get the Anchorage folks on this board together for a group ride or two.

Adam

SnowMonkey said:
I just missed out on the Susitna 100, because I didn't know about it.
well, I might've only done the little su 50k this year.

How about everyone posting some Links to Alaskan Rides, Races & Events.

http://www.susitna100.com

http://www.soggybottom100.com/rules.html

Does anyone have some more links?
For the Sweet Roll?..

What's that Arctic Valley Road Hillclimb race called?

Club links?..

Group rides?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sweet Roll & Soggy Bottom

I think the dates for these races are going to be:

June 24-25th - Sweet Roll
August 28th - Soggy Bottom

The Soggy Bottom website should be updated with this year's info by the end of April. Here is an unofficial elevation profile of the Soggy Bottom course. Total elevation gain: 9,184 feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Whoops...

I meant to say July 24-25th for the Sweet Roll, not June...

AK Bill said:

The Soggy Bottom website should be updated with this year's info by the end of April. Here is an unofficial elevation profile of the Soggy Bottom course. Total elevation gain: 9,184 feet.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Soggy/Sweet Rollupdates

AK Bill said:

The Soggy Bottom date is amended to be August 21st and 22nd, also there will be some revisions to the rules, ie the pak raft portion was deleted in 2003 and will continue to be excluded in the 2004 edition. Please check back in with us around the 1st of May.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yo! Stop by REI

rio said:
The Soggy Bottom date is amended to be August 21st and 22nd, also there will be some revisions to the rules, ie the pak raft portion was deleted in 2003 and will continue to be excluded in the 2004 edition. Please check back in with us around the 1st of May.
Stop by REI if you are interested in a old guy ride Thur/Fri. I work today untill 5:30.
Dave

·
Registered
540 Posts
Koooooooool....

rio said:
Sounds like fun, i'll see you at the store today.
If ya show up about 11:30 we can have coffee....2pm and I will take my lunch break.
See ya,
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts