Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm going to fly to Seattle next month together with a friend. We will bring our own bikes. We have rented a 4WD and the plan is to do a road-trip from Seattle and down to San Fransisco within 14 days. During those 14 days we will try to ride as many tracks as possible, so here is the question:

Which tracks should we choose here in Oregon, if we want the best?

We are both experienced riders with 10 years of experience, and we have both been riding several places around the world. We like technical single track the most.

Happy MTB'ing :)

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Check out the Disciples of Dirt MTB club in Eugene Oregon. They hava a Yahoogroups message board where they post lotsa rides, and Im sure one of us will find sometime to show off a few of our favorites for some out of towners. When do you think you'll be coming thru Oregon. I'd spend a day or two near Mt Hood/Hood River , spend a day on the Mckenzie River trail, 2 days in the Bend area, and 2 or 3 days in Oakridge. There's more riding than you can squeeze in, but thast'll give you time to hit most of the classics. Feel free to PM me for more details on specific trails.
If you want trail names to read up about on MTBR reviews, I'd say you want Surveyors Ridge and 16 mile creek trails near Mt Hood, McKenzie River Trail 1/2way between bend and Eugene, lotsa great trails around bend, but you'll need to speak to he locals (ride around Mt bachelor, or from bachelor to Bend for a nice epic) and in Oakridge, you'll want to ride Alpine trail, Waldo Lake (betweeen bend and Oakridge), Moon Point, and if you like technical, check out the Bunchgrass trail. Later, Sasquatch

Yksop said:
Hey guys,
Which tracks should we choose here in Oregon, if we want the best?
Happy MTB'ing :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
McKenzie River Trail is a don't miss. Leave a vehicle in McKenzie Bridge and shuttle to upper end for a 27-mile ride, but out and backs from lower trailhead are also great.

Waldo Lake circuit is another great ride, also 25 plus miles of intermediate to advanced singletrack through nice forest next to a beautiful lake the whole time.

You should take Sasquatch up on his offer to provide more details the riding around here is hard to beat

Sasquatch said:
Check out the Disciples of Dirt MTB club in Eugene Oregon. They hava a Yahoogroups message board where they post lotsa rides, and Im sure one of us will find sometime to show off a few of our favorites for some out of towners. When do you think you'll be coming thru Oregon. I'd spend a day or two near Mt Hood/Hood River , spend a day on the Mckenzie River trail, 2 days in the Bend area, and 2 or 3 days in Oakridge. There's more riding than you can squeeze in, but thast'll give you time to hit most of the classics. Feel free to PM me for more details on specific trails.
If you want trail names to read up about on MTBR reviews, I'd say you want Surveyors Ridge and 16 mile creek trails near Mt Hood, McKenzie River Trail 1/2way between bend and Eugene, lotsa great trails around bend, but you'll need to speak to he locals (ride around Mt bachelor, or from bachelor to Bend for a nice epic) and in Oakridge, you'll want to ride Alpine trail, Waldo Lake (betweeen bend and Oakridge), Moon Point, and if you like technical, check out the Bunchgrass trail. Later, Sasquatch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.