Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Luray in a couple weeks. Last time there I rode Duncan Hollow. Awesome. Anyplace else you could reccommend?

·
formerly Giantxc
649 Posts
kennedy peak

Kennedy Peak trail. More rolling terrain than Duncan Hollow and generally a great ride, but without Duncan Hollow's epic downhill.

Basically start at Camp Roosevelt, turn left out of the parking lot and ride up to the ridge line, turn left onto the trail. Ride that trail for a few miles until you get the option of turning left (white trail, I think) turn here and it will take you basically back to where you started.

RetroG said:
Going to Luray in a couple weeks. Last time there I rode Duncan Hollow. Awesome. Anyplace else you could reccommend?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bra...

MrXC said:
Kennedy Peak trail. More rolling terrain than Duncan Hollow and generally a great ride, but without Duncan Hollow's epic downhill.

Basically start at Camp Roosevelt, turn left out of the parking lot and ride up to the ridge line, turn left onto the trail. Ride that trail for a few miles until you get the option of turning left (white trail, I think) turn here and it will take you basically back to where you started.
The first 10 minutes of Duncan Hollow (I went left out of Camp Roosevelt then right about 500 yards up) was to me the best riding. Then, it was all climb and all down, also a blast. Definitely a good ride, just looking for something different. Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
hmm...

I've actually only done that the opposite way. Climb up on the single track (actually, quite a few rollers the first few miles) and then hit the ridge going in the opposite direction. Once you get to the pavement, there is a slightly hidden trail entrance for a quick bomb back down to where you started near the Camp Rooselvelt parking lot. I guess it would make a lot of sense to climb the pavement - the downhill would be a lot better. Next time I go there I want to ride them both. Just Kennedy Peak isn't that long a ride and I never got to try Duncan Hollow. .

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
RetroG said:

As reccommended,
kennedy peak trail is one of my favorite local trails.You make a left from the camp going up the hard surface,at the top of ridge trail head is on your left,after two MI turns into all single track with 20 minutes of hike a bike.After about 1 mile of ridge top riding you have the option of going left,take it for a great 14 mi loop back to camp.The ride usually takes me 3 hrs while taking my time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
you can make a right out of Camp Roosevelt and ride the Massenutten trail too. theres a parking lot on the left and at the back of it is a trail ( i dont know the name) that is a real hoot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts