Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
1,630 Posts
Cracked Headtube said:
Last Month I loan my Quasi Motos to MTBR member: MadnessMoose

Check out his photos and a quick write up of the QUASI's at The Lumber Jack 100

www.650bpalace.com
Jeremy, Thanks for the link! :thumbsup:

Madness Moose great review, you're a stud! :D

I'm currious if any of the other races inquired about the tires / wheels... did anyone even notice?

cheers,

KP

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Good grief...stinkin' XC tires, a bike with no suspension, no gears, and a guy who does strange things with dogs! Could it get any worse?

LOL!...well, it sounded like a darned good test for the QM's. Moose's race sounds like a real smorgasbord of conditions to test a tire. I'm not surprised at the good mud shedding characteristics that Moose described from the looks of the tire. And the traction supplied in the other more traction rich situations sounds great. Apparently there is magic in the carcass used in both of these 650B tires. I'll be interested in seeing how the tire fares in the drier, rockier environs of Utah. I know the NM's work fantastically there, so it'll be great to see how the QM's hold up under Moose. The rubber compound in the NM is fantastic, and I'm thinking it might carry over to help the QM when it hits the rocks and dry stuff, despite the lack of aggressive tread. Time will tell. I don't think QM's will be my type of tire for aggressive AM riding, but then it isn't all about me, is it...LOL! Very good writeup.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kirk Pacenti said:
Jeremy, Thanks for the link! :thumbsup:

Madness Moose great review, you're a stud! :D

I'm currious if any of the other races inquired about the tires / wheels... did anyone even notice?

cheers,

KP
I had only a few people notice that the wheels and tires were actually 650Bs. Other than that people would kind of squint, tilt their heads at my bike and ask, "Are those 29er wheels on a 1x1?" I definetly peaked a few people's interest after explaining my bike setup.

One more thing about my review; I really think I understated the mud shedding capabilities of the tire. The mud was really tacky and gritty. It laid waste to my chain and stuck to my frame, but by just looking at the tires(even after just coming out of the mud) you would never have known there was any mud on the course.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice work, MM! And thanks for the great write up. Can I ask what gear you were running?

I am still riding my 1x1 with Neo Motos and running a 34x18 gear. I'm looking forward to trying a Quasi Moto in the back, but no way am I giving up the NM up front. That tire is just magic for my local trails. I'm debating whether I want to run the 1x1 for the SM100 in September or go back to geared.

- AR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.