SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Don't worry...

Alandrex said:
Thats really sad. Too bad the article doesnt go into more deatail as to what happened.
the lawyers will probably hash that out...but I hope not. It's unfortunate when something like that happens at a public trail or big riding venue. Hopefully common sense and logic will prevail.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TNC said:
the lawyers will probably hash that out...but I hope not. It's unfortunate when something like that happens at a public trail or big riding venue. Hopefully common sense and logic will prevail.
The resort will have its @ss covered legally , thats what that signed waiver is for!
He ignored warning signs and was obviously riding above his skill level and on a rented bike !

Just hope it don't cause resort policy changes due to morality reasons and someone's concience..

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Wow...

Kenny C. said:
That was a really well done article by that paper. It wasn't full of the usual hand-wringing and vague accusatory stuff you often see. I'm 55 and like to ride some fairly gnarly places, so that kinda comes a little closer to home...though it can happen to anyone. Well, at my age I can think of worse ways to go. You hate to see it, but I'll bet he was having a good time until then.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Very sad.

My co-workers husband passed 2 yrs ago while XC riding. I supposed to hook up with him the following week.

It's not the resort's fault, not the bike manufacturer's, etc... It was a tragedy but things happen. We have no control in life so you must try to live as if everyday could be your last.

God speed.

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Grim Reminder

That a simple mistake at the wrong time can have serious consequences. Sad, but real. At least he was riding!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Deweydude said:
The resort will have its @ss covered legally , thats what that signed waiver is for!
He ignored warning signs and was obviously riding above his skill level and on a rented bike !

Just hope it don't cause resort policy changes due to morality reasons and someone's concience..
ummmmm........a racer at Big bear signed those same docs and still sued.....result....no more Big bear

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
its super sad but think about it, why even go on that when your just beginning If he made a worng turn ok you can walk your bike its almost like the guy who got his arm stuck "bewetten a rock and a hard place" its just stupidity not tellin anyone where your going, going alone. However it is every sad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.