Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
University side, on a trail that doesn't exist, whose name starts with the last letter of the alphabet.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
What ?
Thanks, but I'm fine ;) sort of. What Francis refer in his other post about "No Helicopter" is related to 4 YO accident on completely legal Coral trail in Demo. Since we all learn that time what helivac would cost you, you need to be in a very bad shape to agree to that.

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
I remember

What ?
Thanks, but I'm fine ;) sort of. What Francis refer in his other post about "No Helicopter" is related to 4 YO accident on completely legal Coral trail in Demo. Since we all learn that time what helivac would cost you, you need to be in a very bad shape to agree to that.
that day, Stalk... We were climbing up Suffer trail as they were bring you down in the truck... Hope you're doing well and if you are ever near Yosemite send me a message, I've moved but I'm finding and building trails :thumbsup:

Hope whoever got hurt is doing ok...

·
PMarsh Thumbs Up!
1,288 Posts
Ugh, do not need to hear about stuff like this since I want to head out to that area on Friday. Last thing I need is to get scared.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
One of the investors in our shop was riding on the Wilder side and a guy coming down from the Grove at the top of Eucalyptus, just above the Old Cabin trail intersection, hit a water bar they cut into the road and went over the bars. He was in pretty bad shape, and Scooter stayed with him until the EMT's came, and ultimately they took him out in a Helo. He was unconscious when he got there, and another rider rode down to where he had cell coverage to call for help. He did know his name/where he was etc... when he woke up, but sounded like he was pretty rattled. Be careful out there folks!

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
I rolled up to a downed rider that was knocked out for ~ 5 minutes, and eventually was air lifted out. It was in Wilder, on the fire road leading down from the euc grove, heading towards Old Cabin and Rodrigo. The "jump" was a new, and abrupt, water bar cut into the fireroad in the middle of a steepish pitch. Sent the guy over the bars and into a heap. They were from a Santa Cruz HS team.

EDIT: The Sentinal article was for a different accident, apparently. My guy was lifted by heli close to where he fell. This was Saturday, just after noon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi scooder, i think i was on the scene when you arrived. do you ride a black yeti? yeah that whole ordeal put the fear in me... with respect to fireroads and waterbars! my two cents, wide open fireroads and waterbars are more dangerous than any singletrack...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.