Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are some similar threads, but they have taken more of a "which trails to ride for certain type of rider" course...

Any advice on which trails are going to fair better this weekend. Preference given to the seasonals, since this is the last chance....

I don't mind a little mud, but I don't want to ride something that is going to be destructive to the trail. Specifically for Friday, as I'm hopeful things will dry out by Saturday and Sunday....

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
poor weather forecast

bmateo said:
I know there are some similar threads, but they have taken more of a "which trails to ride for certain type of rider" course...

Any advice on which trails are going to fair better this weekend. Preference given to the seasonals, since this is the last chance....

I don't mind a little mud, but I don't want to ride something that is going to be destructive to the trail. Specifically for Friday, as I'm hopeful things will dry out by Saturday and Sunday....
prediction for rain and thunderstorms thurs and fri and scattered showers on sat. :(
i am planning on hitting Tsali on sunday for the race.
Dupont handles the wet as well as anything i have seen. less damage to trails, i would think. to bad the past 3 days have been the awesome riding weather days, but what can you do?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Same question :D ...my girfriend and I are coming up this weekend from Raleigh (first time riding in Pisgah!) and would like to ride as much as we can Sunday and Monday since we signed up for the Pisgah MTB adventure in May. I'm curious to know what areas have a reputation for drying out fast and which ones stay muddy.

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,690 Posts
My favorite wet weather ride in Pisgah is Laurel Mountain to Pilot Rock. Everything drains well except the false flats before the first real gap.
If 2-1/2 to 3 hours of rideing isn't enough, find the connector (on the map) from the bottom of Pilot to the Slate Rock loop. Being that it's your first time here you should DEFINATELY go out to Slate Rock and check out the amazing view. You can add another 2 hours in there, for sure.
Eric

See ya in May!

GregC said:
Same question :D ...my girfriend and I are coming up this weekend from Raleigh (first time riding in Pisgah!) and would like to ride as much as we can Sunday and Monday since we signed up for the Pisgah MTB adventure in May. I'm curious to know what areas have a reputation for drying out fast and which ones stay muddy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts