Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Talk to those who build BMX tracks - there's a compound that blends dirt and some type of binder that makes for great surfaces. Cheap wood ramps can be brutally slippery if you live where there's rain, dew, etc...
That would be SoilTac. They used it to make the bike park by my house, the dirt is smooth and hard as asphalt.

Discussion starter · #63 ·
Talk to those who build BMX tracks - there's a compound that blends dirt and some type of binder that makes for great surfaces. Cheap wood ramps can be brutally slippery if you live where there's rain, dew, etc...
In our case wood seemed like the best option since the yard was mostly flat except for some low spots prone to flooding. Would have taken a LOT of dirt to do anything similar to what we wound up with.

The turf grass for athletic fields is really great actuatlly, if I would have been you I would actually choose that one. It fits almost every single point that you listed in there. It is doing pretty well with sun, it gets spread if it is seeded together and it does not grow that high as normal grass. I also had this kind of turf in my backyard while living in Atlanta, I really liked it. Now I have some kind of artifical grass, as I am tired of watering it on a permanent basis. With this grass, you only call the guys from It's Artificial Grass | Suppliers & Installers of Artificial Lawns | Astro Turf they bring it, they install it, and you do not have any kind of problems with it.

I highly recommend buying a zoysia grass for sale. The main advantage of a rolled lawn is that it allows you to create a beautiful, well-groomed lawn where there is empty land. It does not need complex care, so it is enough to provide the necessary watering, nutrition, and lawn mowing. With proper care, the coating will stay in good shape for quite a long time. Not everyone will decide to cover the plot with a rolled lawn – it's expensive, but it's worth it.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts