Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be traveling ro hawaii for the first time, really hoping to get a ride in. I will be there from Feb. 4th-11th...and will be renting a bike. I would really love to get a good ride in while I'm there, will travel to any island anytime I'm there, any takers?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Staying on the Big Island....thought maybe travel between islands was easier but then again I've never left the east coast, this is very big for me. I've saved a bit for this trip and would spend a couple bucks to get where I need to ride, if its not practical then...I'm sure I will still have an excellent trip...really hoping to ride though. Thanks for the feedback, any info appreciated, can't wait.

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
YackBallz said:
Staying on the Big Island....thought maybe travel between islands was easier but then again I've never left the east coast, this is very big for me. I've saved a bit for this trip and would spend a couple bucks to get where I need to ride, if its not practical then...I'm sure I will still have an excellent trip...really hoping to ride though. Thanks for the feedback, any info appreciated, can't wait.
Flying interisland from the outer islands (those that aren't Oahu) usually entails a stopover in Honolulu. Each leg of the trip needs to be ticketed. So usually a round trip from one outer island to another is a 4 leg trip. If you're not Kamaaina (local with Hawaii DL) that'll probably be as much as $75-$100 per leg.

Like I said, not small kine. There are Big Island posters here though.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up, may still be worth it, will see as the days approach. I will be talking to my friend in the next couple days and will ask him, he's been living there about 4 years, doesn't ride but I'm sure will let me know if its a good idea. Big Island posters?-chime in! whoda-thanks a bunch for your time/info, much appreciated.

·
slaving away in paradise
365 Posts
If you're into DH pm me if you're coming to Kauai. You don't have to pay for your bike for
each leg of the trip (big island>honolulu>kauai), you just pay once. Check out Go! airlines
as they have some cheap deals (30--40$ o/w).

Chris

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
kauaibullit said:
If you're into DH pm me if you're coming to Kauai. You don't have to pay for your bike for
each leg of the trip (big island>honolulu>kauai), you just pay once. Check out Go! airlines
as they have some cheap deals (30--40$ o/w).

Chris
Hey Chris, aren't those Kamaaina rates? What does Go! charge for bikes?
How's the access up in Waimea Cyn. these days? Are they still threatening to confiscate bikes?

·
slaving away in paradise
365 Posts
whodaphuck said:
Hey Chris, aren't those Kamaaina rates? What does Go! charge for bikes?
How's the access up in Waimea Cyn. these days? Are they still threatening to confiscate bikes?
The bottom half is still legal...don't know the charge for bikes, I looked into it in September
when I went to Whistler (i'm getting old, the memories going)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.